DAY BY DAY ON VICTOZA - starting the morning after 1st shot

March 23, 2011, 5’1 Female, 197 lbs (added 45 lbs since quitting smoking in 2005, A1C 9.0)

MORNING-DAY ONE ON VICTOZA - Whew! The Dr. mentioned the side effects of Victoza, but as I’ve always been one to rarely have side effects on medications I kinda let what he said go in one ear and out the other. I did some research before bed and found this forum, and read again about the side effects many of you have been having, but I still didn’t expect I’d have much of a problem.

I took my first .6 shot before bed and slept a good 7 hours before the nausea woke me and wouldn’t let me go back to sleep. I tested first thing and was quite pleased with the results. It was 128 when normally waking levels were often much higher, so I figured the nausea was worth it. At least I did until, less then 10 minutes later, I was projectile vomiting into the commode!

A very unpleasant experience that I’ve not had for quite sometime. It certainly left me weak and shaking and questioning my decision to take Victoza.Now, however, 30 minutes after the fact, I sit here typing and feeling much better. Nausea is gone (along with everything in my stomach). All I can think of now is, that if this keeps up, I’m sure to lose weight (really need to lose 50 pounds or so) and my blood sugar levels are finally going to stay in the healthy range (no food to pull sugar from). So I guess I’ll stay on it a bit longer and see what else happens. I’ve never had a problem with headaches so I hope that’s one side effect I don’t have to deal with.

1st Day - 8 HOURS AFTER WAKING - A couple hours after being sick, I was feeling well enough to eat

something so went for a can of Chicken Noodle Soup (comfort food). I ate it slowly and had a cup of hot tea with Splenda with it. No problems.Lunch came 4 hours later… a large salad of Romain and Curley lettice, Black Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, and a handful of chopped walnuts and half a small box of raisins. I also added a left over porkchop I chopped into little bites and heated it in the microwave and topped the whole thing with 3 tablespoons of fresh made ranch dressing. It was quick and delicious and VERY FILLING! Usually I’d be adding a full sandwich with such a salad, but wasn’t hungry enough for that today.

BEST OF ALL…NOW, TWO HOURS LATER, I JUST TESTED AT 89! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! I would take a mile walk after lunch and my tests would never be that low. It’s only day one, so the jury is still out, but Victoza sure looks more promising now then it did this morning!