Devastating news

I have just discovered that my symptoms are related to secondary strogens. I went to the hospital for sinus pain and I also had joint pain so I googled the 2 and found a story that sounded exactly like mine. I was having numbness andtingling in my feet that wasnt there before. I told my husbandthat my skin felt unusually sof and I was also feeling the effects of on swallowing and the absence of saliva and tears and unable to sneeze.Everything just makes sense. Of cours I will get confirmfation. I am so pissed off that I have all these conditions. I think I have been living with Storgens for a few weeks before I discovered this. Can anyone offer me a sense of hope

1 Like

Dee, I’m not sure if it is an issue in your area of Canada, but several of your symptoms sound similar to when I had Lyme Disease. Get checked for that too.

Lyme Disease is often easily treated with a short course of antibiotics.

2 Likes

I can’t even cry, I tried and also I cant induce a sneeze. I am so devasted over this. My doctor had put me on a nasal spray inearly April and I was taking antihistimess. Now that I read that is the total opposite of what I should of been doing. The feelings ate awful. It feels like a vaccuum inside my body. My ears plug my chest feels like it is pulling in. I sure hope things do get better.

I am so sorry to hear that Dee. At least hopefully you figure out what is wrong and have a chance at helping your symptoms. Not that it makes anything better, but at least you can get the proper treatment. Many many hugs your way.

Did you mean Sjogen’s ?

Yes

Sjogrens is likely. Often people with one auto immune disease will get another.
I have type 1 and eczema. I also have allergies. All signs of an overactive immune system.

The good news is, there are medications to settle it down. Like methotrexate which is also used for rheumatoid arthritis, another auto immune disease.

When things like this go awry, I try to think about all the things that are good.

I’ve been type1 for 35 years, and I’m still here and my eyes and kidneys are good. I can still walk and hike, I have all my toes.

I consider the last 35 years as bonus years. Years that my body didn’t want to give me, but insulin has given me.
In that time I got married and raised a daughter. Successful career.

So yea it sucks to be sick and sucks even more when it’s something new.

You will find a way to get through it and come out stronger.

3 Likes

Thankyou. I hope things get better.

Hi Dee. As mentioned by a few others, multiple autoimmune diagnoses are so common. My first was T1D, then RA, then Celiac, then Hashimoto’s, and most recently eczema (which many consider autoimmune now, thought that wasn’t always the case). I know it seems overwhelming, but you’ll get through this! Just take it one day at a time.

I second the recommendation to get tested for Lyme. Underneath all my diagnoses, I have Lyme as well as Epstein-Barre and a handful of other chronic bugs that can certainly play a role in autoimmunity.

I saw someone mention the use of methotrexate for Sjogren’s. For what it’s worth, I take methotrexate for RA, and it works very well for me, with very limited side effects.

Diet and lifestyle can play a big role in your symptoms, particularly with an inflammatory disease like Sjogren’s or RA. No one way of eating works for everyone, but there are definitely things you can try…and I’d be willing to share what I’ve learned over years of experimentation. If that interests you at all, feel free to PM me, I’d be happy to share. Hang in there!

3 Likes

I have come to the conclusion that I have been sleeping with my mouth open. My mouth isn’t dry throughout the day. This is something different for me. I am pretty sure that that test will come back as negative. I had dry eyes before and every once in a blue moon I get a flare up. I think the last time it happened was was a couple years ago. I am doing much better now. I am waiting for results of that bloodtest I got on the 9th of June. If I dont get a phonecall by Wednesday I am in the clear.