Dex during massage therapy session?

I’m probably going to be booking a massage therapy session to deal with some low back pain. I don’t like being without my Dexcom for very long, but I’m wondering if it would be better to take out the sensor before the massage. I could time the session so it lines up with the end of the sensor so I don’t waste it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I guess it would depend on where you wear your sensor. I usually wear my on the sides of my stomach so I wouldn’t even consider taking it out but if you wear yours on your back or somewhere you’d have to lie on it could get in the way. I’ve heard some people wear it on their arms which would certainly be out of the way. It’s up to you but I don’t think a massage is a serious issue for the Dex sensor.

Hi. I just returned from a trip to a health spa, where I had 4 massages in 4 days (yeah, lucky me!). I told the massage therapists about my sensor, pointed out where it was (on the side of my waist), and asked them to avoid it, which they did. It was not a problem at all. So I’d say, keep it in!

I’m just guessing, but it seems to me that the worst thing that might happen is that the Dex sensor comes out during the massage due to either physical contact or perhaps after getting wet by massage oil. If that happens you are no worse off than if you took it out yourself.

Good to know. Thanks!