Dexcom ad on TV shows the touch screen receiver and touts Medicare coverage

I have to laugh when I watch the ad. It repeatedly shows the touch screen receiver and it also repeatedly mentions Medicare coverage. Big oops

UPDATE: I just confirmed with Dexcom that they are only shipping out touchscreen receivers including replacements for defective non-touch units.

1 Like

don’t understand what the big oops is? The new receiver is a touch screen and Medicare does cover the G5

The big oops is that Medicare recipients only get the non touch screen receiver

1 Like

Elsewhere on the internets, folks getting their initial shipment of a Medicare Dexcom G5 are finding the touchscreen receiver is in the bundle. They must be running out of the old style receivers.

1 Like

Is dexcom going the omnipod way with a big bulky device?

1 Like

Oh no, I hope they don’t force me into the touchscreen. They promised me that they’ve got enough of the non touch screen receivers to handle warranty replacements for a long time. I hope they weren’t being deceitful. There’s no way I want to be pushing numerous times on a screen to get the reading to come up. And I also don’t want the bulk of the larger unit

They are going to end up pushing more people to install the phone app and Medicare says that is a no no

1 Like

I just confirmed with Dexcom that they are only shipping out touchscreen receivers including replacements for defective non-touch units.

Not true, after a long wait, just got mine a d it’s covered, with a touch screen receiver.

you must not have read the rest of the thread, John.

I confirmed that the only receivers now shipping are touchscreens. (a fact that I’m not happy about)

Don’t think so. My new G5 just arrived. The transmitter is a bit more bulky than the medtronics enlite, but tolerable. The receiver is really small. A little smaller than a pack of cards and about 1/2 as thick.