Dexcom Adhesive - sweaty guy needs it to last longer

i went looking for skin tac but all i could find was skin-prep by smith & nephew in liquid and wipes advertising same capabilities.

on next sensor i will try and see what results.

I actually like skin prep better than skin tac. Hope it works for you.

thank you for heads up.

Between riding an excercise bike, living in Texas, scuba diving and water skiing Ive tried to find stuff to keep both infusion sets and the Sensor attached for as long as possible. Ive used Mastisol but its expensive and not very easy to work with and not as good an adhesive as Skin Tac - it comes in a bottle. For times when I need less adhesion I use skin prep.

Either way the process is the same - I draw a circle on my arm where im going to put the sensor - thats the area that gets NO glue. I apply the skin tac about 2" around that circle. Then insert the sensor then attache the transmitter and then cover the whole thing with a strip of hypafix. Ive been able to keep some sensors on for more than 2 weeks.

Good luck

Doug

Excellent feedback.

I have used the skin prep for first time ( since Jan 2011) and that approach does bear rewards. I will continue down this path as well.

Thank you.

I got it from
American Diabetes Wholesale
2501 NW 34th Place, Suite 35, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Phone 877-241-9002
http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com

Torbot Skin Tac H Liquid Adhesive MS407 - 4 oz.

I found that my Dex was always falling off on day 5. I bought SkinTac swabs from the Animas website store and they have worked like a charm. I have to use adhesive remover to get the sensor off. I first tried skin prep and IV prep but those didn't make much difference at all for me. I'm sticking to the SkinTac (no pun intended).

I used skin tac and this stuff really works my seven year old does karate and the sensors kept falling off called dexicom they told me to buy skin tac and I could not believe how awesome this stuff is good luck…

Just ordered mine. I've been using Tagaderm because I have a nurse friend who gave me some to try out. I have been just using the normal adhesive with the sensor until day 5/7 when it very first starts peeling. Then washing, chloriprep, and tagaderm. Does anyone else do something similar with the flexifix, or do you all adhere it right off the bat when you put the sensor in?

Cheers.

+1. The stuff stays on through anything. I've had it last well over 2 weeks.