Dexcom and Acetaminophen

I understand that products containing Acetaminophen can cause problems with BG accuracy with the Dexcom 7+. I dutifully downloaded the list of all the products that contain it. Now I have a terrible cold and my usual standbys (Nyquil, Dayquil, Contac, etc.) are all on the list. Does anyone know what we can use to help with cold/flu symptoms that is compatible with the Dexcom?

Bryan, Thanks so much. My wife is on the way to Target as we speak. This is such a learning process.

Old school Nyquil liquid capsules were awesome, but they don’t make them anymore, anyway, given all of this nonsense about pseudoephedrine. I had a horrible cold, and I bought the individual tablets to make the following, which is the old-school NyQuil formulation, but substituting ibuprofen for acetaminophen:

Ibuprofen 400 mg (pain reliver/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan 30 mg (cough suppressant)
Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (antihistamine/hypnotic)
Pseudoephedrine 60 mg (nasal decongestant)

Worked beautifully. Of course, all of the usual caveats that I am not a doctor, have no medical degree, etc.

Ha, I accidentally took Nyquil and watched the display go above 400 with horror until I realized what I’ve done :slight_smile:

So I took Alkaselzer. I believe it’s aspirin and I also get that the bubbles are just for the effect but it’s yummy nonetheless…

I have a slight high blood pressure too so I ought to be avoiding Pseudoephedrine for nasal drippags. My dp told me to do Zyrtec instead.

Cant you just do a shutdown on the Dexcom for 6-12 hours depending on the acetamiophen product?
At least this will not futz with the reports if you do a shutdown?