Dexcom Falling off on Day 1!

Can Dexcom please make the glue that fastens the sensor to the skin more sticky?

Like many T1s, I exercise alot. I've never have any problem with an Onmipod coming off unless it's bumped hard, but with Dexcom I always have to start putting Skin Tac around my sensor starting on the first day it's on. It's really annoying!

My tape came off immediately too. I now cut a hole in the tegaderm and place it around the transmitter, on the tape as soon as I insert the sensor. I do not give the tape a chance to come off. Seems OK so far…this is my 2nd sensor and just tried this new gig. I am a swimmer so the tape was off in 1 day too.

God luck.

I also use Tegaderm, cut a hole and put that on when I put the sensor on when I start a new site.

My daughter is a swimmer and plays soccer and she uses Tegaderm under both her Omnipod and Dexcom. We haven’t had any problems yet.

how do you put the tegaderm UNDER the sensor tape? I put it over the sensor tape.

Please advise.

After reading many other posts on this site I recently purchased Skin Tac and Smith and Nephew OPSITE Flexifix Dressing. I put the skin tac under the entire area where I am going to insert the sensor and then I cut the tape into strips to cover the area around the transmitter. It is the most amazing tape I have EVER used! I don’t give the Dex a chance to start peeling up, I put the tape down right after I insert the sensor.

Good luck!

Oh-and I purchased both the Skin Tac and tape through American Diabetes Wholesale…much less expensive than other places.

I put the Tegaderm on the location of choice and then stick the sensor to it. Glue on sensor sticks like no other. Never had a sensor come off in about a year. I coach my son’s soccer team and go in a hot tub every other day. Never had to apply tape over.

If the edges of the Dexcom adhesive is over a crease on my abdomen, the edge of the adhesive will usually start peeling on that section after my first workout. It’s not that much of an issue for me since it doesn’t seem to peel much beyond one of those spots until well into the week. I usually don’t have to go to the matisol or Optsite until day 8.

Interesting, so you put the tegaderm on first…I haven’t tried that. you just let the prob of the dex go through the tegaderm? I’ll have to try that next…my sensor came off this morning in the pool during masters. Uhg…

I do this too. I prefer the iv3000 though.
You can even use the free dexcom overtapes as undertape and the also work nicely