Diabetes and the person I am today

Yesterday I watched a video about how a woman said that diabetes was her gift from God and it got me thinking. If I hadn’t have been diagnosed with diabetes when I was 13, would I have become the person I am today?. I may have become a teacher regardless, but would I have become a diabetes resource worker and able to help so many other people? In a way I suppose that diabetes was my gift from God aswell. Diabetes has made me so much stronger in dealing with any issues that come up. It has given me the strength to accept the bad with the good. And like I said earlier, diabetes has given me the opportunity to help other diabetics in finding the resources to live their life to the fullest and not be restricted by diabetes. Without diabetes I don’t know where or what I would be doing today, but I know that I wouldn’t be the person I am right now. I am happy that I am this person.

My Mom would say “Out of bad, may come good” yes, having diabetes can either make you or break you. I choose the first, and glad you do too!
Keep up the good work that you do, it is wonderful!