Diabetes Burn-Out

I have had diabetes since 1998 (10years) and have been on a MM 722 pump since April 2007.

I AM SICK OF DIABETES!!! Has anyone else had a burn-out from diabetes? I just want to take a brake with out putting my self on a death bed. I wish I had just one day where I did not have to worry what my blood sugar was. If I have enough supplies for the day when I leave the house. If I should take some syringes in case my pump fails.

Then we have the insurance company that will do anything to get out of paying for my diabetes. I just want time with out any of that.

How do you get over this burn-out?!?!

I have only been diagnosed for2 months–so I’m not into burnout yet. The closest I’ve come is when I had to move in with my dad to take of him (lung cancer). We both knew what the outcome would be. I guess I feel that even though Diabetes is a never ending challenge: the challenge to live. And live well so that we don’t have major health problems as a possible outcome of how we live. Take care of yourself and hang in there. I think the people on this network are here to hope for us when we are unable to hope for ourselves. I wish you peace

One of the girls I work with is T1 and on a pump, minimed, not sure of the number, but we talk about this alot. I don’t know what the answer is either. Some days I just want to chuck it all out the window and say forget it! Then I think of her mother who just passed in April of diabetes related heart problems, and my Aunt who is in an assisted living center due to a stroke that came after her triple bypass…again, due to diabetic complications. I don’t want to end up like that, so that gets me to check my sugar one more time, count my carbs one more time, bolus one more time…I also have an almost 3 year old, and I don’t want to be ill while he’s growing up…