This year, Diabetes Hands Foundation and Big Blue Test are joining forces with Dance Out Diabetes for their annual Dance-A-Thon, Health Fair and Fundraiser. This is a great event benefiting a fantastic organization, and now benefiting several other charities as well, as we all the the Big Blue Test together while having a great time at this fun-filled dance party. Here's what's on the schedule:
- 4 hours of dancing to several genres of music with DJ Charis
- Local, celebrity Freeplay Dance Crew will lead us in a group dance!
- Our first attempt to live stream with a mini-Zumba routine, lead by Rossy Leon!
- Group Big Blue Test with attendees present and remote!
- A goofy performance to Abba’s Waterloo, and a fun dance contest to 3 popular songs
- Ask the endocrinologist a question, with our Board of Director, Dr. Nancy Bohannon
- Health screening (A1C included) from certified diabetes educators and free diabetes educational materials
- Expressive Diabetes Art Show (plus the winner of the Design Contest)
- Sharing new information from diabetes industry and other local diabetes non-profit organizations
- Free chair massages from SF Spine Pain Relief Center
- Silent auction, finger food, beverages and prizes
Tune into www.DanceOutDiabetes.orgto watch the event live-streamed and do the mini-zumba routine and Big Blue Test simultaneously with people all over the world on November 10th!
And if you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, join us in the flesh at the African American Art & Culture Complex 762 Fulton Street, SF, CA 94102