Diabetes quotes

I really like this quote

"damaged people are dangerous because they know they can survive."

what are quotes that inspire you about diabetes?!

I forget the specific quote, and I also forget who said it-

“managing you diabetes is not a science, it is an art”

I like that quote Alyssa. That sounds like me. :slight_smile: I think that is going up on the FB profile. You know who created it?

I didn’t know there were diabetic quotes. The only one that I thought was cute that I heard people say was: “I am a walking science experiment.” :slight_smile:

Im Like A Robot… LOL

I think any kind of quote that can somehow inspire diabetics. And yeah you have a funny one KimKat :slight_smile:

Great topic idea Alyssa!!

What Doesn’t Kill You Only Makes You Stronger…

I like…

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.”
-JFK

The one I got came from my Dr, “ALL DIABETICS ARE NOT TEXTBOOK CASES”

Good one!. I grew up with my mom and g-father allways saying that to me

Ok…It’s actually a passage and I love many of the things this person has written, but I think this one can apply to diabetes.

On Pain
Kahlil Gibran

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.
It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity:
For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.

Good one Doris! Fits in well with an article I read yesterday in my Diabetes Forecast magazine I get. It was an article on all the different possible causes of diabetes and they were saying how for most people it isn’t just ONE thing that caused it - it is a factors of many things and they are different for each person. I am wondering if D isn’t one of the most complex diseases out there!

I think that’s very true. I maybe wrong but I think it takes all types of things to become diabetic

When we get adverse wind conditions, it is our job to adjust our sails.

Not a quote on diabetes per say but how about hold on thight, things will turn out?

“May your genes be good, may you overcome them if they’re bad.” by Trudy

how about modification to an olde that most people use?

Orig. Quote: “This too shall pass.”

D-Modified: “This high BG reading too shall pass.”

or “This hypo too shall pass.”

:slight_smile:

My two favorite quotes have gotten me through many a health crisis…diabetic and otherwise. The first is by John Lennon. He said “Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” So true!!!

My other favorite was seen on a t-shirt worn by my yoga instructor’s husband: “Worry is NOT preparation!”

Those two have got me through cancer treatments, a stroke, a heart attack, and other health problems too numerous to mention. I think, summed up, they basically tell me to keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter what happens.

Ruth

“Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.” I’m not sure of the attribution of this quote but I believe it comes from buddhism. Pain is my diabetes, I can’t change that I have diabetes. But getting angry about diabetes, feeling sorry myself, my suffering - I do have control over.

“I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better” - Thoreau. Time is something that weighs on me now that I have diabetes. It is wake up call that life is short, I always feel like I’m running out of time.

Two that have stuck in my mind lately;

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in the long run.” -Charlie Chaplin

“Don’t deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict.” -Norman Cousins

One I have on my profile that really says it all for me given the state of our national health care…

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”
~Thomas Jefferson~

“If it looks tasty I can’t eat it” :slight_smile: