Hi, I’m looking for people who were actually diagnosed with type 1 in college. I work for JDRF and we’d like to provide materials for those newly diagnosed in college, so I have a few questions to ask. No personal information will be used in any articles or publications without your express written permission. Thank you!
- How were you diagnosed?
- How did you react to the diagnosis? What thoughts/feelings did you have?
- Where did you turn for support/information?
- What steps did you take/changes did you make at school after being diagnosed to help you manage diabetes?
- What changes/adjustments have been the most difficult for you?
- Would you say that you have “good control” over your diabetes and blood sugar levels?
- Are you able to lead a relatively “normal” life?
- What help/information do you feel you’re still lacking?
- How has diabetes affected your social life?
- Do you drink? If so, did you seek out information about how to drink safely with diabetes?
- Did you/do you live on campus? How did this affect life with your roommate?
- Would you be willing to answer any follow-up questions we may have? If so, please provide your name and e-mail or phone number. (You can send to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t wish to post here).
8622-Collegesurvey.doc (26 KB)