I have T2D and after doing some in-depth research, I believe that the best direction to get off medication and heal is doing some real changes. I would like to switch to Keto diet (today I’m on some sort of Mediterranean diet) and do Intermittent Fasting; Improve my sleep; start swimming and Yoga. I understand that these are huge changes and the truth is that I’m a bit scare. I’m 42 y old, have 2 great kids and wife and I assume that I will need also their support.
I’m addressing my next questions to people that also suffered from Pre/T2 Diabetes and did some major lifestyle changes (doesn’t have to be the same changes as I mentioned):
- Can you share a few words about your background (age, family status, diabetes type, etc…)
- For how long you struggle with diabetes?
- Do you take medication? Or did you take any medication in the past?
- What changes did you do?
- Why did you decided to do such a major change?
- What helped you with the lifestyle changes?
- For how long you’re maintaining these changes?
- Any obstacles that came in your way to achieve the changes? How you overcome them?
- Any advice for someone that wants to start?
Appreciate all your help,