Do you follow a low carb diet? Introduce yourself here!

You can use an ice cream scoop for the “large scoop”
Enjoy~

Do any of you celebrate your Diagnosis Anniversary?
Just a question. For me it is like my second Birthday. It gave me the chance for a new beginning.
If you do, are there any special ways that you commemorate this date?
Deb~

Mine was July 1st but I didn't celebrate, not a bad idea though. Like you it was a new beginning for me.

I am not sure where to post this question but does anyone have any low carb snack ideas? My six year old is doing ok with the choices because he know if it is low enough in carbs he won't have to have another shot just to have a snack but I worry that at some point he is going to get sick of cheese, salami, pickles and sugar free jello...
Thanks in advance for your help!

hi Mom, Richard here has a great discussion on low carb snacks. feel free to add to it
https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/the-top-23-low-carb-snacks

Marie,
Thanks for posting this~ I loved it!!!!
Debra
Everyone needs to check it out!!!
https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/the-top-23-low-carb-snacks

what brand is the ketchup, Jennifer?

cauliflour soup: piece of chicken , 1 carot,1/4celery root,piece of leek, parsley root , half cauliflour-after 40 min of boiling, add heay sour cream.

I am really seeing how stress also affects BS, I had some nasty spikes last week while enduring some strife and my BS was all over the place. Nothing changed with my diet only my emotions. Deep Breathing exercising!

YEAH Judith... Please keep passing on everything we are learning. It is amazing to me the diabetics I meet who are clueless. One was a woman at Walmarts who has already lost an eye. I give people my number, yet no one has called. I think I am gonna print something up that is small with this site so that and a couple others so that they can maybe at least look on line. It is so hard to see people dying all around you and really have your hands tied! So to those that will listen, TALK!!!!!

Years ago I loved to read "Taste of Home" then I got diagnosed and never looked at another copy again. I was consumed with learning to cook low carb and I sure didn't want to see a bunch of recipes that were not possible for me to eat. Well funny thing happened, my Mother gave me a stack of magazines and I grabbed one expecting a "Family Living" or something and no it was "Taste of Home" as I looked at the recipes I stumbled over many that were not even thinkable yet over and over again I would look at recipes and and light bulbs were going off in my mind. With a few adjustments a lot of the recipes I was looking at could easily be LOW CARB....
Not that I haven't already been creating my own recipes I guess the gestalt moment here was that I ultimately think in low carb now rather than have to seek it out!!!!
I need to start re-writing a lot of these recipes and posting them. And I know there are others in this group who have the same ability and we want your recipes as well.
Happy Day Everyone~
Deb

Debra, love your recipes, this group has become a great low carb resource.

Thank you everyone I hope to learn a lot about myself

Judith, I have baked this Walnut cake and we all LOVED it.
Thanks for posting it~
Deb~

drsoosie,

To thicken sauce, you can add xanthan gum. Just a tiny bit is needed, about 1/8 tsp. Stir in very well. Cold butter stirred in thickens, so does grated cheese, if they'll work with the type of sauce.

For things like pudding, I add corn starch. At 3 carbs tsp divided between a number of servings, the carbs are negligible.

Thanks Gerri I had the same idea about the xanthum gum.

I use Guar gum too, haven't decided which one I like the best. I often have thickened white sauces with cream cheese.

Xanthan Gum is a Corn product, so anyone who is allergic to corn should avoid it. I use cereal free baking powder by Featherweight - in case anyone needs that information.