Do you know? I sure didn't

I have Medicare for my health insurance and DexCom doesn’t accept Mediacre Assignment… I found out that DexCom has to file a Mediacre claim so I can get reinburse since I pay them in full for my sensors… So They have to file Claims since October until now… They were not to happy about this… It say on the Medicare website… So I copied it and sent it thru email and twice on fax to DexCom… This is what is says for them to do!
My Physician or Supplier Does Not Accept Medicare Assignment

Note: Only physicians and suppliers can decide not to accept assignment.

If your physician or supplier does not accept assignment for covered services, your physician or supplier may require that you pay most or all of the bill at the time you receive services or supplies. However, the physician or supplier is still required to file a Medicare claim on your behalf. Medicare then pays its share of the bill directly to you.

Medicare cannot pay you its share of the bill until a Medicare claim is filed. You should take the following steps if your doctor or supplier does not file the Medicare claim in a timely manner.

Step 1 - Contact Your Physician or Supplier: Call your physician or supplier directly and ask the physician or supplier to file a Medicare claim.

Step 2 - Contact 1-800-Medicare: If your physician or supplier still does not file a Medicare claim after you have called and asked, you should call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227). 1-800-Medicare will work with the Medicare contractor that processes your claims to contact the physician or supplier on your behalf. This will ensure that the physician or supplier is aware of the responsibility for filing a Medicare claim. Also ask 1-800-Medicare for the exact time limit for filing a Medicare claim for the service or supply that you received.

IMPORTANT: There is a time limit for filing a Medicare claim. If a claim is not filed within this time limit, Medicare cannot pay you its share. The time limit may be as short as 15 months or as long as 27 months depending on when you received the service or supply. It is important that you ask 1-800-Medicare what the time limit is for filing your claim.

Step 3 - When You Should File a Claim: You should only need to file a Medicare claim in very rare situations. You should contact 1-800 Medicare and ask for the forms to file a Medicare claim yourself when:

you have completed steps 1 and 2 above; AND
the physician or supplier still has not filed the Medicare claim; AND
it is close to the time limit for filing your Medicare claim. (For example, if your time limit is 15 months, you should consider filing a Medicare claim if the physician or supplier has not filed the Medicare claim 12 months after you received the service or supply).
To file a Medicare claim yourself, call 1-800-Medicare and ask for the proper form for a Medicare beneficiary to file a claim. 1-800-Medicare can also answer your questions about how to complete the claim form.

I’m going to follow up with DexCom and if they don’t… I’ll do step 3!!!