Do you struggle with depression? Introduce yourself here :)

i tried wellbutrin for 1 1/2 weeks. i was put on the low dose for a week and then started the 300 mg. my heart was racing out of my chest! i guess my body couldn’t tolerate it along with the thyroid meds and the insulin.

I am suffering from extreme depression. I am taking Welbutrin and Celexa. I will be switching to welbutrin and Zoloft soon.

My depression has escalated to a point that not even the antidepressants are working. This was brought upon by the usual problems, plus an added problem of hurting (emotionally) a very dear close friend because of a dumb mistake.

As a result, I will stop managing my diabetes and go offline for the interim.
Eventually I will return to review others suggestions and comments.
Please pray that my friend forgives me and our relationship is returned pre-mistake time.
Thanks.

I hate taking meds for anything! haha, it’s under my tongue.

Jeremios, some people have had good success with Wellbutrin. I didn’t. It caused the side effect of tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and permanently damaged my sense of balance. As with all meds, you have to weight the risks and benefits and go from there.

OK, I’m interested in Wellbutrin because it is supposed to help with weight loss but eventually stops working. This new not-yet-approved drug Contrave (see my comment below) is a combo of buproprion (wellbutrin) and naltrexone (an anti-addiction med). The claim is that the naltrexone helps the wellbutrin keep working and results in more weight loss. If it helps Type 2’s that way, and also helps with the depression and self medication, so much the better. Fingers crossed on that.

Boy did you hit it on the nose.
Having withdrawal symptoms from skipping Wellbutrin for not even a day. Shaky like a drug addict going on the bandwagon.,…
Wellbutrin also makes me hear ringing in my ears

Wow, I did not know Wellbutrin had these kind of withdrawal issues. I recently got off Effexor after taking it for ~8 years - that was a PITA (and HARD). I’m now on a low dose of Lexapro. I was told this doesn’t have the withdrawal problems of Effexor.

I have been on Bupropion (Wellbutin) for over 2 years with no problems. I also used it when I quit smoking about 4 years ago. And I took Naltrexone right after I quit drinking to help with cravings.

Thanks Lee. What dosage of bupropion have you been on? Did you use low dose naltrexone or not? I’m guessing that you didn’t take both at the same time?

OK, I’m back. Withdrawal symptoms are GONE! Hooray!

And for some reason I am HUNGRY. Haven’t been hungry in a year.

Oh, that’s fantastic, Zolar1! Good to hear. :slight_smile:

Yep…Was very very annoyed about it too.

I am currently on 100mg of bupropion at this time. I did take both at one time as I was trying to quit smoking and drinking at the same time.

David G.-For someone who has had this for 52+ years, its awful. Been bullied by people who just can’t understand what you have to ge through on a daily basis. The medical system just doesn’t seem to understand what its like to take the same insulin every day the same exercise, and have really different sugar levels on those days. If I would have had the mental strength I wouldn’t be here now. Antidepreeeants to me are like bottled water for migraines-don’t do anything.

All antidepressant medications do for me is stop the suicidal thoughts, which is a wonderful thing. But they don’t lift the depression. If I had an answer as to how to get out of depression, I’d be a billionnaire! All I can say is take it day by day, and slog through. And vent any time you need to!

Well, I need to go ff Zoloft…sigh…

It’s making me crave sugar, salt, and beer like crazy. And I shouldn’t have any of it.
I’m gaining weight as well.

Why those 3 things is beyond me.

diabeteskid, you need to talk to your psychiatrist NOW!!! There is nothing we can do to help you. If you’re feeling suicidal, call 911. I’m praying for you.

Diabeteskid talk to your doc maybe a differant medication or dosage may make a big differance I know depression can be a beast at times just like diabetes and for me alcohol abuse also. So please get HELP!

That’s good to hear it does take some time to become fully effective. I find that going for a walk helps me a lot.

Do you know of pandora internet radio? Its free and you create your own stations wit your favorite music then pandora searches for other music simular.I have differant stations depending on how I feel. Walking also helps with my diabetes doc wants me to exercise more becouse of that and my depression and anxiety. I do have panic attacks and throw up a lot but music and walking helps me. But that’s me so find things that help you to be happy.