Do you take Victoza? Introduce yourself here!

Hang in there BSC. Hopefully you will get some good numbers. The more I read your symptoms in my humble opinion the more the more I smell a LADA in a super long term honeymoon.

Well, I’m up to 1.8 mg, side effects are no worse than long-term Byetta. I’ve had a few readings under 100 mg/dl, but no real marked improvement. I’m just going to stay the course. If I don’t take the medicine for the full course, it will be difficult to “prove” it doesn’t work. And I thank you for your kind thoughts Pauly. I have had a GAD test, which suggests with about 80% confidence that I am not LADA. Although over time, I am starting to think I might be MODY-2.

GADA? MODY-2? LADA? What do they mean? Thanks.

Sorry for all the jargon. GAD is one of four tests for antibodies given to confirm type 1 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes in adults is frequently slow in onset and is called LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults). MODY is a genetic form of diabetes and stands for Maturity-Onset Diabetes of Young.

Intersting dialouge over on diabetesmine.com about Victoza.
www.diabetesmine.com/2010/08/consensus-on-victoza-victory-over-diabetes-worth-the-discomfort.html

Well, I have an update. I moved to 1.8mg a week ago, then two days ago my blood sugar normalized. My fasting dropped and I’ve become essentially non-diabetic. This has happened before with medications, usually lasting about 2-3 weeks. Yesterday, all my readings were < 100 mg/dl. I made gourmet dreamfields macaroni and cheese for dinner, having 2 servings and I was 92 mg/dl after dinner. Hopefully, this keeps up.

Wow, Congratulations BSC! This is exciting news. You must be really happy. Have you noticed any appetite curb since you have been on it? Hopefully this will hold and work for you.

Thanks Pauly. Actually, I’ve had increased appetite, actually having evening cravings and I’m still up about 3-4 lbs since starting Victoza. I do hope it keeps up as well, but I won’t be surprised if the effect wears of in a few weeks.

Thanks for coming over Karla to the group. Ask any question we will do our best to give an answer. Hope you keep coming down in your A1C. Pauly

Two Months/26 lbs lighter/ Fasting BS are running around 100 with no other type of medicine. The only side affects has been constipation & headaches which I am over. The only thin I can’t get over is the cost. Hits the pocketbook pretty hard.Last A!C was 7.2. I will get done in November and will update.

Well, an update after little over a month on Victoza, I still have better blood sugars. I continue to have digestion problems and although I had some bad GERD, I’ve been making sure I eat small amounts. I am little worried about malnutrition, so I’m keeping my eye on things. Unfortunately, my weight continues to slowly rise, I’m now up 8 lbs from when I started. And I am still p*ssed at Aetna. It is bad enough that I have to pay $190/month for this, but they also will only send me a 20 day supply at a time and they insist that I can only get it filled through the “specialty pharmacy.”

I’ve been on Victoza for about two months I have the same symptoms except my weight has gone down.I’m surprised at your health care provider mine pays for it all I didn’t even have to use the coupon,and I don’t understand why you have to go to a specific pharmacy,something to look into.Maybe you should look into a nutritionist for your weight.Good Luck in all your endeavors.Jean

Started Victoza about 3 weeks ago, blood sugars have been doing great, and I’ve lost 8 lbs hopefully the weight will keep coming of and the sugars stay down

Diabetec doctor tomorrow fingers and toes crossed good news I hope to cheer me up or just a dressing down still not to worry not going to wear a frown

I have been on Vicoza since April… I only had side effects for about the first month… but the subsided pretty quick. I have lost some weight, don’t really know what was associated with Victoza or just dieting. My A1C is down from 6.9 to 6.0 and I’m hoping it will be even lower next time around.

Don’t know if it has been discussed before, but NovoNordisk the makers of Victoza have a discount card that you can use at your pharmacy that will take $25 off the cost you pay and it was recently upgraded from 6 months to 1 year. You can request one on the victoza.com website. It has helped me to be able to afford it.

I’ll answer any questions I can for people that are just starting Victoza… just ask.

Good morning victoza users taking my dosage now only 0.6 so on the lowest dose possible my diabetec doctor is so pleased with my progress I am to keep the same dosage for the next 6 months I have to reduce my insulin from 100 units per day as my weight drops off I would love to be around the 13 stone mark way back last christmas I was nearly 19 stone to even get to 16.7 was a dream I tohught I could never achieve, to those just starting on victoza give it a try the side affects if any soon fade away sounds like a 60s song, here goes my victoza have a nice day

I have been on Victoza for a month now. Dr instructed to take in the morning, but my sugars are still running high in the evening and morning. Does it really matter when you take it? I also take 1500 mg metformin and 4mg of glibride at night.

Jack Frost visited last night so iit is very very cold, taken my victoza and morning pills insulin with my breakfast about 8am

The instructions for Victoza say it doesn’t matter when you take it, but I think it is probably best to take it in the morning as it probably peaks during the day when you need it most.

I take mine in the morning and notice the best wallop at dinner time; ie getting full very fast. More so than lunch.