Do you take Victoza? Introduce yourself here!

For the most I am not hungry. But the nighttime sugar check and morning are high. I have thought of taking it at noon, instead of 7 am to see if it will working later into the night. For the morning not sure, have always had high test in the morning, I believe it is the dawn phenomenon.

Karla…I just heard on the radio this morning all the bad things that can happen to your body without enough sleep. They found in the study that people that only got 5-6 hours had higher blood pressure reading and less weight loss, then people that got 8-9 hours of sleep. I bet that may part of the problem with the sugar level, being out of wack.

Karla do you have an infection or is your insulin bad? These two things can be the culprit too. I left you a message on your page also about LADA. That 248 is awful high and if these numbers repeat I would get into the ENDO if you eliminate the other things.

I had my 3 month ENDO visit yesterday after starting Victoza. Offically I have lost 9lbs, my blood pressure is down to 132/78, my A1C went from 5.7 to 5.5, my blood work up came back all in normal ranges. I am real pleased with my results.

ENDO also said that Victoza 3.0 is coming the did trials on non-diabetics using 3units and saw additional weight loss so expect pens tha will allow 3.0 dosing.

ENDO also told me of a patient that after he reached his 1.8 dosing and the effects started to wear off went to 1.2 dosing twice a day and saw additional lweight loss.

I am losing confidence that Victoza is working for me. It brought my sugar levels down the first couple of weeks. Now after a month and even increasing the dose to the 1.2, my testings are back up to nearly 200. I have seen no weight lose out of it either. Getting frustrated, that nothing seems to be bring my numbers down. I guess have to see what my next A1C comes out to be, to see if it working.

Congratulations on your continued progress. The study of Victoza at 3mg was for obese non-diabetics trying to lose weight (http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)60225-5/fulltext). While increased dosages might be good for weight loss, it is an off label use in the US. I doubt insurance will cover additional dosing and given that I already pay $200/month, a double dose would probably set me back $400-500/month. I’m glad this has worked for you, if you want to lose weight, hopefully this will help. In my case, I am still up at least 8 lbs since I started of Victoza.

Thanks for the welcome. I started Victoza .6 a couple of weeks ago, and by the 3rd day I was shaking and it felt harder to breath. I am terrified of new medicines as well so have trouble knowing if it is fear or what. Today at 9:40AM I took .6 since my numbers were up to 385, even with an extremely low carb diet. Two hours later my BG was 176, so on me it works, I guess, and immediately. My body was probably saying oh, thank you, thank you. I am dismayed to hear that within two weeks or a month it will stop working for some. I’m also shaky, which can also be fear…or a side effect. I also resent being diagnosed with T2. I

Had to stop taking the Victoza, started getting the coughing, hoarse voice and lumb in the throat side effect. Saw no changes in my BS even after going to the highest dosage. Dr. change me over to Byetta, guess we will see how that works. Good luck to those it has worked for.

@pinkywomen. Sorry to hear the Victoza has not helped. How has your low carb diet been going? How many grams of carbs have you been eating each meal? Have you been waking up with highs?

Well, I’ve really gone and done it now. I stopped the Victoza shipments. I don’t think it is working. I had a HbA1c taken two months after starting Victoza, I was down 0.1%. I just had another HbA1c taken, I suspect it will have actually gone up. I have gained a total of eight pounds. All my meter readings suggest no real improvement. I just can’t justify $200/month for a medication that doesn’t help. I’m pleased that Victoza has been helpful for so many of you. I think I’m going to drop all medications except metformin and see how I do. I’ll check back to let you know how I am doing.

Sorry to hear that Victoza Isn’t working for you especially if you’ve been on it for two months, after all the side effects at the beginning.Hope you find some solution take care.Jean

Interesting developments on weight loss meds today with the FDA advisory panel voting thumbs up on Contrave. If you haven’t heard about it, it’s a combo of an anti-depressant and an anti-addiction agent. Lots of other candidates have not made it this far this year.
http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/fda-advisory-panel-votes-approve-contrave-diet-pill

Starting 5th week on Victoza. What can I say nothing but good results. My sugars are stable and losing inches each week. I have not had my A1C checked again yet but I am sure there is positive change. Happy Happy:)

I have been on Victoza since mid-June. Started at .6 and went to 1.2 at one week as directed. Lost about 15 pounds by end of July but was sick constantly. Dropped back to .6 and felt great but could not go back to 1.2 without being sick. Finally, starting in September, I decided to increase slowly, by going 2 clicks beyond the .6 and keeping it there for about a week. I continued increasing by 1 or 2 clicks every week or so. As of last week, I am now at 1.2, morning readings are getting better, and I'm not experiencing any of the side affects. My doctor was impressed that I did this gradual increase, he said most of his patients just give up. Anyway, a slow increase in dosage worked for me.

I have been on Victoza for 10 days now and have just recently gone to 1.2. So far I am not seeing any changes but it is still early. I am hoping this makes a difference to my BG levels as well as my weight.

Hey I'm new to this group and wanted to know if any members out there are using the new drug-Victoza.

I have been on it for two weeks and my B/S levels have never been better. I have also lost 6 pounds so far. I desire to lose at least 50 pounds, and need to stay motivated. I would love to hear from other people using this drug.

Welcome Ms. Gate glad you are doing so good. I am 6 weeks on this medication Victoza and have had positive results as well. I am at 1.2 units a day and have lost 12 lbs. Stay motivated !! The extra carbs or sugar will never be worth what feeling and looking good will.

This is so true, thanks for the encouragment...I have quite a bit of weight to lose, but I am fianlly making the lifestyle changes necessary. Please keep me updated, I would love to know how your doing.

Sure thing, I will keep you posted. Please drop me a few lines so I will know we are both still on track or if either of us need a push.

Happy Holidays

I have been on victoza since Aug, 2010, and Ihave not any more weight lost (14)and my Bs are not any lower any suggestions?