Dr. Bernstein - LC Diet and CWD (Children With Diabetes)

I stumbled across an interesting author/book today while researching for a post in another forum. Note this glowing endorsement —

« "The Challenge of Childhood Diabetes" has already been described as "must reading for families with a diabetic child" by Dr. Richard K. Bernstein... »

DiabetesHealthTV - Video: "Laura Plunkett shares her story of coping with her son's diabetes, and how she hopes her story will help other families."

ADA Recommendations Now Include Low Carbs: "Laura Plunkett is glad that the American Diabetes Association has supported low-carbohydrate diets for people with diabetes who want to reduce their weight. But she is sorry that the have not endorsed the same diet for blood sugar control. In this weeks article she shares how low carbs worked at her house."

i've examined advice given by conventional medical personnel and dieticians and looking at the evidencce, it comes up wanting.
Only the method advised by Dr. Bernstein [and otherls!] comes close to making sense. It actually works too. Without medics telling diabetics that they are not understanding the instructions, when the patient has followed them to the letter.
I thought only the brightest and the best got into medical school
so how can they simply swallow the guff they are taught about diabetes control and healthy diet?
Hana

Bump…

@Britt_J, I am curious: how strictly low carb are you?

@WestOfPecos – I just responded in a new thread. Thank you for asking! :grinning:

1 Like

Dr.Bernstien’s book has changed my life, I feel like it has been the first time I’ve gotten information that has actually helped me control my t1diabetes the way health professionals have said it should be controlled. In my opinion, the way we are educated is malarkey. We are given a set of rules and expectations, but the expectations that are set are impossible to reach using the rules we’ve been given.
I don’t yet go as low carb as Dr. Bernstein suggests, but I am close, and it has been surprisingly wonderful. I still enjoy my food, I’ve just learned new foods that I can enjoy. And it’s not just that, I have also learned different methods in treating different aspects of the disease. The best part–my a1c is 6.0! An all-time low, never before reached in all of my 18 years of type I diabetes.

2 Likes