Drink or eat your way out of a low blood sugar?

I do glucose tablets at work (usually 2 will take me up 100 points) and then follow up w a protein bar and injection to cover the bar. The tablets take me up fast, but taste like junk. And after a low I usually am really really ravenous. Like so hungry if someone offered me their freakin arm, I would bite and chew the fat.

When at home, I tend to stay a little calmer. I will drink a 1/4 glass of juice, wait, test, then follow up w cheese to keep it up there.

I’m a big fan of the “combo” treatment.

Have you ever tried the glucose tabs by the brand BD? Taste good. Also, some of the chain stores (Walgreens, CVS (Longs) have flavored ones and they are good as well.

I like candy because it’s a good excuse to eat it with out having to poke myself.

I drink milk, got into the habit when I was pregnant and haven’t gotten out of it. Everyone comments about how white my kids’ teeth are too!

I always used juice when I was younger (1980ish)…I wonder if that was the norm back then? I also recall it being the preferred method at D camp…

Overall prefer eating something …a year or so ago I used to get these mini juice boxes that had 15g of carbs…but they’re heavy to carry home from the store (I don’t drive). I also noticed that it takes longer for me to come back up than pure glucose or sucrose. The other problem for me is feeling weak/listless/wanting to sleep sometimes and findiing that it’s hard getting the cup down and actually pouring the juice (i’ve actually spilled cups a few times…) So the other reason I like tabs is that they are slightly big so easy to handle and also kind of dissolve in the mouth …so not much chewing involvded.