Essential Oils - I was a skeptic until

I had several friends that started using essential oils earlier this year and even though I thought "that's great - glad it's working for them" I was secretly thinking "That sounds kinda witchdoctor-y to me"... Until earlier this year when my husband (non-diabetic) came down with a horrible stomach bug and couldn't stop vomiting and running a high fever. One of my witchdoctor friends ;) brought some Peppermint oil over and by that point he was willing to try anything. After about 10 min of using it, he'd stopped vomiting and his fever broke.

It wasn't long after that I decided to sign up for the premium starter kit. And I can honestly say it was THE best investment I've ever made in my family's health. I have a 6 yr old son and twin 1 year olds. There was always germs coming in our house and being diabetic, I was always catching something. My 6 yr old suffers from terrible allergies - we were on rescue inhaler, and breathing treatments, and have even gone to the ER for allergy-induced asthma. I'd even had to give my twins breathing treatments before.

Fast forward to now. It's been almost 6 months since we started using oils, and not one of us have been on an antibiotic or anything OTC. In SIX months. That's unheard of. We were in the pediatrician's office at least once a month for someone. And the only two times we've been this year have been for yearly checkups.

We use them every day. As soon as my son starts to wheeze a little, I pull out the oils, and he stops. Before, we'd have had to pull out the breathing machine and albuterol.

I've also been able to wean off of the anxiety meds I'd been on since my twins were born last year.

Other than the benefits of boosting my immune system, I've found another oil that's working great to control my post meal spikes - it's designed for women's hormones ... and it's working great for me- I have PCOS and it's helping with side effects from that, as well.

I am happy to report that I'm now one of my crazy friend that I used to laugh about. And I would not have it any other way!!! If anyone else uses them and wants to share success stories, I'd love to hear them - it makes my heart happy to hear how well they work in other people's lives, too!!! And if you have any other questions about them, or about how they're working for MY family .. just ask! :)

774-BGsafterProgPlus2.jpg (98.8 KB)

Many oils have very positive side effects. Especially those very rich in omega 3 like fish oil and linseed oil. Here is an interesting talk about mental health and nutrition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqXHHCc5lA. The implications of this talk are quite dramatic.

These oils are recommendable for many inflammatory issues like stomach and bowel conditions. T1 is an autoimmune condition and as such T1 diabetics are very prone to these problems. After finding out that I am lactose intolerant it was the treatment with encymatic helpers for the lactose, fish oil and lineseed oil daily that helped to calm down my bowel again. One very interesting side effect of linseed oil is its positive effect on arteries called atherosclerotic plaque regression.

Like Shannon I highly recommend to experiment with these oils. Like her I can also see the positive effect on post meal spikes (if the oils are taken with the meal).

Hi @Shannon16,

My husband’s aunt is involved with YoungLiving. She sent me a starter kit recently.
My son has allergies, not with asthma but sneezing, sniffles, etc. We’ve been using the essential oils and they are working too.
I use a couple of different blends in my diffuser to help me sleep. I’m 33 weeks pregnant with my 4th and final kiddo. I have trouble sleeping at this phase of my pregnancy. The only other time I’ve used them is during labor/delievery. I bring them to the hospital and some of the nurses think i’m nuts but they really help me focus and concentrate through the contractions and pain. I don’t use pain meds at all.
I also get somewhat sick during labor and Orange scent curbs my urge to purge.
I haven’t tried them on myself yet. I will since you have found success though. :wink:
Kuddos to you!
Thanks,

Busybee

@Shannon16 Hi Shannon, might this article be of interest to you? Be well.