Eye Doctor Visit

Well another year has passed since last March and I went today to the Eye Doctor for my annual dilation of my eyes for diabetes. Last year he mentioned that for the first time in the 7 or 8 years I have been going to him he saw some diabetes complications in my eyes. He told me at that time that with the pump and better control that maybe next year it could clear up. Nope. It’s still there. He will report it to both my primary and Endo. He said it is small which is probably good. Hope next year is better.

That’s too bad that it didn’t clear up. Definitely your Endo can help by going over your last 3 month numbers and regimen with you, since he knows what you are doing. He probably has some ideas to bring your control in somewhat tighter. Some Diabetics have cleared up beginning/smaller complications by doing this slowly. Your A1c needs to go down to less than 7.0(6.5 even) to help clear it up. I’m wondering if you coulld see your Eye Dr. every 6 or 8 months instead of every year since you are experiencing a complication, although small. He should be more in the picture. Best of Luck in lowering and stablizing your blood sugars and hopefully clearing up the complication.

Wishing you the best. I agree with Terrie, maybe see him more often. Good luck to you :slight_smile: