FIASP Availability

Hi… I’ve seen posts on FB about folks using FIASP – where is it available? Its not in my area.
Thx.

In my area (Midwest), it is available at Walmart, Costco, Walgreens, Target, HyVee, and CVS.

If you have a prescription, usually any pharmacy can order it for you. Not all medications are available, especially newer ones. Have you asked your pharmacy about getting it?

1 Like

Enzo says it’s not yet available In my area

@Steve_Mann
Previously you mentioned you are in the US Northeast?
It doesn’t really make sense that it would not be available.

Have you asked CVS, Walgreens and Walmart pharmacists (rather than an Endo)?

1 Like

Doesn’t make sense to me either. I haven’t tried any of the pharmacists.

He might just mean that it’s not yet covered by your insurance. You could call your insurance company to see if they cover it. If you have a mail-order benefit then it really shouldn’t matter where you are in the country.

If you insurance tells you it’s covered, then maybe your doctor would be willing to prescribe it?

Did you ask your Endo about this newer insulin Steve? My doctor would pass out if I walked in and asked her to give me new this/that/or the other because I saw it were available. She tends to prescribe what is working and then offer new options if something isn’t. I prefer a doctor who looks at my condition rather than the market.

Maybe your Enzo isn’t one to prescribe “newer” stuff, and has a reason. You should ask. Who do you get your current insulin from? Call them. Good luck if you want to try this new insulin, I’ve read some really good review / results. It will require a prescription usually. There are a lot of interactions to consider with this insulin, though. Lots of thins to consider before switching your regimen.

1 Like