I found my endo by being referred by several of my doctors. I was just not willing to wait the length of time it took me to get an appointment with her so I kept trying other endos. That was my mistake.
- A good endo listens to their patient.
- A good endo is willing to take as long as needed to make sure that everything is covered during your appointment.
- A good endo is willing to do extra paperwork in order to get the patient what they want or need.
- A good endo has medical knowledge of diabetes.
- A good endo is willing to order tests and possibly has extra testing done.
- If you are looking to go on a pump it does help if your endo is on a pump or knows someone who is on a pump. (My endos partner is on a pump.)
- An Endo should know how to turn on a glucose meter and knows how to use them.
- An Endo should know how to read blood tests.
- A good endo is willing to take time out of their busy day to make phone calls to her patients to make sure that they get the best care possible.
After having gotten rid of at least 5 doctors I finally found the one that is worth her weight in gold. I say if at first you do not click with the doctor, look for another one. It took me 2 years from the time I started looking until the time I found her and she was worth the wait.