I installed my first G6 yesterday afternoon (I still am using my G5)
At the 2-hour mark, the reading on the G6 was amazingly accurate, which made me smile.
About an hour later the readings starting diverging from reality and remained that way until I went to sleep, so I turned it off (to avoid false low alarms).
In the morning (today), I turned the receiver back on and readings were still flaky.
I decided to see how it responded to a calibration. Not great. I calibrated again hours later and still am not that impressed, especially since my G5 has been within a point or so of finger sticks, and the G6 has been off as much as 40 points.
Given this experience, I MIGHT try soaking the next G6 for many hours, or one full day (which is what I do for the G5) but I understand the algorithm for the G6 8H might cause problems if I do that.
Each of my 3 sensors in one box are of one lot number, but with 3 different calibration codes, so if accuracy is similar for 1 lot, I may be aggravated by the G6 for weeks to come. Given that it is so trivial to soak a G5, that’s why I’ve been so happy with the G5, as the day I put it into service, it will be accurate.
EDIT: 16 hours after G6 insertion (and 2 cals), G6 = 182, G5 = 189, fingerstick = 189. So, at this point the 3 are agreeing well. would love to see this continue as I rarely do finger sticks any more, but today I must have tested more than 8 times.