First Post

welcome to the site!

Many times when you have had high bgs for quite awhile Neuropathy may start in your extremities. I had it in my legs and feet. Many times I would get that pins and needle sensation. I would get the burning sensation in my thigh muscles. I thought it was from overexercising but now in hindsight think it was from neuropathy. As my bgs came down a lot of it disappeared. Keep testing and let your bg meter guide your eating. Once your bgs are pretty stable you will feel better. Also I wanted to mention when you have other conditions or inflammation it will spike bgs. Once those conditions are resolved your bgs will go down.

Hi Susan,

Great that you got a meter and are checking! It's the best tool for learning about how your own diabetes behaves. And Jenny Ruhl's website is so, so helpful! I've also learned a ton by reading a lot here at TuDiabetes. There's no substitute for the years and years of direct experience with diabetes that people have here. And people are so kind and helpful!

For many people, a diagnosis of diabetes is a complete surprise. It often makes more sense in hindsight. Many of the steps involved in taking care of yourself and getting the treatment you need can feel--or are--overwhelming. But here at TuD there are people who have been there, also.

I look forward to hearing how things are going for you.

Best wishes!

Marty1492