HbA and kidney problems

I've been told by my doctor that I have mild kidney disease. I have requested my medical records, still waiting for them eight months later. I will discuss how bad the situation is at my next appointment. I have been trying to lower my hba these last few months. It is 8% at the moment, I would like to get it to 6% soon. My question is could my kidney problems have an effect on my hba results. I also have a very low body temperature and low iron levels. I would mention it to my diabetic team but I am a little bit worried that they may dismiss my concerns.

Even if your healthcare team considers your concerns as insufficient, make them heard. I too have kidney disease and I ask questions no matter what they might think because I insist that my concerns be addressed.

In addition to lowering your A1C, keeping your blood pressure and cholesterol on target can help slow down the progress of kidney disease. If your diabetic team dismisses your concerns, then it's time to find a new team.

Thank you for replying. The hospital I attend in Ireland doesn't have an endo. I see a different doctor each time, which is frustrating in itself. I intend to find out what exactly is going on at my next appointment. I have low cholesterol and slightly lower than normal blood pressure. At the moment I am monitoring my bloods every 2 - 3 hours. Hopefully I can get the A1C down to normal soon. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Josepine keep on these people. Although my diabetes is not the only thing that lead to my kidney problems but I know it didn't help. I started dialysis in May and while I do feel better I do not recommend it unless it is needed to keep you going, as it was in my case.

So take care of those kidneys girl and always remember you can do it!

I recently lowered my A1C from 7.8 to 6.6 by eating very low carb. I also just started on an insulin pump so I expect my A1C to go down even more. I eat mostly vegetables and proteins. I eat fruit, but limit it to 1 serving of 15 carbs or less. I read both of Dr. Richard Bernstein's books. His methods work. Even if you loosely follow his plan, you will see great results; your blood sugars will be great. Good luck to you.

Thank you so much for your info, I will get there somehow. My motivation is back on track again. I get so hungry eating a low carb diet, I would love to be able to follow Dr. B's plan. Really interested in how some people combat the hunger.