Frankincense and Myrrh

After being diagnosed with neuropathy, I started looking for help and suggestions on how to ease the pain. My doctor put me on Gabapentin, but this has only helped with the burning and numbness a bit, it hasn't touched the real excruciating, crippling pain I get in my calves.

I have been getting my BG's under control which I am sure will help eventually.

Something other's have suggested and my mom actually went out a bought for me is Frankincense and Myrrh oil. You rub it on the pained area and it gives temporary relief, and smell good, too. I decided it couldn't hurt to try so I rubbed it on my calves and feet before I went out for a mile long walk. To my pleasant surprise, it worked! At least the first two blocks were pain free, then the pain began, I didn't have to stop and rest until I was at two-thirds of a mile. The pain I did have was still pretty bad, but it wasn't as bad as it had used to be.

I am sure some mixing and matching of treatments, and trial and error will find me some good pain relief.

What works for you?

Tamra:

I have really done well on Gabapentin, but I was 100% high as a kite with Lyrica so i get it. Yes the shooting pain does remain for me even using Gabapentin. My caution is to stay away form the narcotic drugs for the pain if you can. I could leave a cautionary tale but it will not help or inform the overall discussion.

I wish you the very best. The pain blocks also helped me for a back issue, however, like you the procedure was reversed soon after. I suggest you get to a neurologist, if you have not already. Getting to a top quality neurologist has made a positive difference for me. I have really enjoyed working with her and I feel that she is working with my best interest and has a drug plan that has made a difference. Good luck..................rick

I do plan to start seeing a neurologist. But right now I am having such a hard time getting a referral for an endo to go through that I am hesitant to ask for yet another referral until I actually do get to start seeing an endo. Gah! It is so frustrating sometimes!

Tamra I know it really is. We seem to be stuck in a world of rollback to a GP, which in the short run makes sense but int eh long run will create log jams at the GP level.

Send me a private message. :) I may be able to offer some suggestions.