Friends of Reed Check in Here

Reed sent me an email last night. Russ passed away at 9:45 last night. anyone needing his address or email private message me. Tom is with him atm. Services and burial will be in Lexington MA.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. We really depend on those around us for support and I worry that leaves Reed alone. Iā€™ll have Reed in my thoughts.

@MarieB thank you so much for letting me know about Russā€™ passing, as I had not seen this news until today. What terribly sad news. Iā€™ve sent @SEAGATOR1 a personal message, since it doesnā€™t look like heā€™s been visiting this thread. It makes me really sad that the platform migration occurred just before Russā€™ passing, and Reed is not comfortable enough with the new platform to find the support here that he would have on our old, familiar site :disappointed:

2 Likes

I have not been here & am sorry to hear about Russ. I hope Reed is doing well. I have been very busy with my Mom & my own health issues to try to keep up with this new site. I miss the old one. So I hope my old friends here are well. Have reconnected with many of you on FB.
Right now Iā€™ve been struggling thru botched cataract surgery & laser surgery. My vision in my left eye is poor. trying to work my way thru it all. Hello to my remaining friends here. Stay well. :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

oh gee @Joanne3, I am really sorry to hear about your eyes. sending prayers your way. I was just recently reading about PWDs being much more likely to get cataracts and it crossed my mind that I will probably need this surgery sometime in the future and thinking that I could not recall knowing anyone who had a problem with it. Was the laser a diabetic related thing, or something else? I have had that, and I know itā€™s no fun at all.

btw Reed has a new personal email, I just got a note to that effect over the weekend, let me know if any of you guys would like it.

Hello Marie,
Hope youā€™re doing well. I have not been here for quite a while. My life is quite crazy right now. Besides the vision issues that have continued ā€¦ & no , none of it was Diabetes related. Very frustrating & making it hard to do my job. But Had a a multitude of dental issues. Bone grafts upper & lower jaw, implants etc. The whole process takes over a year & is costly but had a severe infection that required continuous antibiotic therapy & that just didnā€™t work out anymore. Waiting for the bone grafts to heal before the implants get done.
My Mother began to decline in health last November. Was in & out of the Hospital from a DVT (Deep vein Thrombosis) in her leg with cellulitis, a Fall with a fractured hand requiring surgery & pins to repair. 2 falls between Christmas & New Year with a heart attack & ending up with 2 hospitalizations with Congestive Heart Failure. After the falls I closed up her apartment while she was hospitalized. Went to Rehab after & came to live with me at the end of January. Has been with me since except a hospitalization for CHF end of April. Sheā€™ll be 94 this month. Has lost 35 lbs since last fall & is very weak.

Having her home with me is good but also difficult. She cannot go up & down the steps except to go to an appt. So I take meals up to her room all the time. Now her appetite has gotten bad. Itā€™s just a downhill spiral. Still working to pay off my dental bills, then hoping to retire.
Has been difficult to get to see my kids as much as I used to.
If you want to email me directly you can at Jgst516@cs.com
Let me know how Reed is. I keep up with past members/friends on Facebook

Take care, stay well.
Joanne

1 Like

Hi Marie,
Got an email from tudiabetes. Havenā€™t been here for a while. Last I wrote I had my Mom at home w2me & she was very sick. She passed away last summer.
This February I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Going through 20 weeks of Chemotherapy followed my a mastectomy a few weeks later. Just trying to get it all done & be healed enough to enjoy my son Peteā€™s wedding September 30th. But this has been a difficult journey. Hope you are well. I keep in touch with many diabetic friends on Facebook. God bless !
:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes