Front Range Diabetics

I live in Fort Collins and I can't seem to find a local support group. I was hoping to meet other people in a similar situation to mine. Online is nice, but I'd love to have coffee and chat face to face sometimes. Is there anyone out there who knows of a group currently meeting in FtC, Loveland, Greeley, or Windsor? I may even be willing to go as far as Longmont for support. If there are none, any ideas on how to get one going?

There are no D support groups in my area, either...

BSC posted two sources on my blog from Michigan which talk about starting support groups.. there are lots of good ideas on there.

I will be checking that out. Thanks for the heads up.

I started a Type 1 Women's group in my area with the support of the local JDRF chapter. If you have a local chapter and are willing to do the legwork to start a group they can be very helpful.

Excellent! I will be researching and contacting them! Thanks!

Great! I love my Women's Group. I started it a year and a half ago and it's going strong with a mailing list of over 60 women - all ages, all length of diagnosis. The group meets once a month with occasional potlucks. Unfortunately I moved out of the area and miss it terribly!