Further Food’s 7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge

Anyone interested in trying Further Food’s 7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge and sharing how it goes? I’m not ready to commit to it at the moment (although I think it’s a good idea), but I’d be interested to hear from folks who do it! I’m curious how a sugar detox affects mood, energy, mental clarity etc, as well as BG. Maybe we can even get a little group of TuDiabetes members participating and encouraging each other over here!

Is that chocolate? You didn’t tell us chocolate was involved. That makes this an entirely different “challenge.”

2 Likes

Indeed! Any time chocolate is involved the “challenge” somehow seems a lot less… challenging. Maybe that’s tree bark :wink:

when i click on it, it says ‘file not found’.

http://www.furtherfood.com/join-further-foods-7-day-sugar-detox-challenge/ :slight_smile:

i pretty much don’t eat sugary stuff anyway. my problem is i can overeat low carb stuff like cheese and nuts and i chew on too much sugarless gum. but i am still overall satisfied with the change in eating habits i made in 2009. my new challenges are more driven by hormonal changes like lack of a good sleep due to hot flashes and some sarcopenia.

I gave up all forms of high glycemic sugars (white, brown, powdered, honey, maple syrup, molasses, etc) in 1993. It wasn’t near as difficult as I thought it would be… probably because my partner joined me.

My emotions evened out, and I became a much calmer person. After about three weeks, I stopped craving it altogether.

Never looked back and am rarely even tempted anymore. I do make myself low carb treats using stevia :wink:

I would be happy to be part of a support group for anyone who wants to leave sugar behind.