G4 Battery replacement - a few questions

I’m about to try replacing the batteries on my old G4 and despite lots of research, I still have a few questions from people who’ve taken the plunge already:

• Firsty, I’ve got a couple transmitters and was thinking about doing them both at the same time. This is based on an assumption that while the batteries of the transmitter that’s not yet in use will degrade, it won’t be appreciable. I’m assuming that the transmitters only emit current when they’re connected to the sensor. Is that assumption correct?

• Secondly, I was thinking of using Sugru rather than epoxy to refill the removed plastic. I’m really interested in hearing from people who’ve tried Sugru and whether it’s worked well and stood up to wear and tear and particularly anyone who’s used both and is able to speak to the pros and cons of each.

• Finally, I’ve also got a G5 transmitter and was thinking about replacing batteries in this as well (batteries are cheap!), despite preferring the G4 (in my experience the G4 has been much more reliable). Is there anything different in doing the swap with the G4 vs the G5 that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I think there are some people that have this down to an art. I heard some will do it for you for a fee.

Thanks Jason. I’ll ask around at theFB group as well.

I wonder about that myself.My husband is going to replace the batteries in my g4,but wondering if the batteries will drain in the transmitter when it’s just sitting on a shelf?