GERD symptoms

Thank you everyone for all the information.
We will see what happens next week. Nancy50

I don’t have GERD, but I do have a hiatal hernia, which increases my risk of acid reflux, and a rare immune condition called eosinophilic esophagitis that comes with acid reflux-like symptoms.

I’ve been on a PPI for five years for my esophagus. My symptoms are minimal when I’m avoiding food allergens (that trigger the eosinophilic esophagitis). When I am exposed to allergens, my acid reflux symptoms can be quite severe. I also avoid caffeine (except for chocolate).

I don’t think there is any relationship between either type of diabetes and GERD. Both are quite common conditions. In my case, there is an immune system connection between T1D and EOE, but I don’t think there’s any direct correlation there, just evidence that my immune system is dysfunctional.

My test came out normal,but they did multiple biopsy/allergy testing, results pending. Thanks for the support. Nancy50

Are they testing for eosinophilic esophagitis?? Biopsies and allergy testing sure sound like it. If so, I sure hope you don’t have this condition! Its management is a lot more complicated than GERD. It can have symptoms similar to GERD, though.

My nephew has this so I am aware of it. Very tough disease. Thanks, Jen. Nancy50