Giving up artificial sweetener

I am a huge fan of xylitol. Why? Xylitol is not just a sweetener: it also strengthens the bones. Xylitol has three sources: Berch Bark, Black Berries, and the human body. Xylitol is the sugar our bodies produce. It strengthens teeth and bones and fights candida, a form of bacteria. It has never given me the runs, unlike Maltitol. Splenda, Maltitol, Sweet ‘N Low, and Aspartame are absolute poison. Avoid them at all costs. Also, Agave will spike your sugars. Stevia and Xylitol are the only ways to go. Just sayin’.

Xlyitol studies on bone density have only been done on rats. No human studies have been conducted. Don’t know what you mean by xlyitol has three sources, including the human body (huh?). Xylitol is manufactured from corn & birch bark since these are the least expensive sources, especially corn.

It can be highly toxic to dogs, so keep out of reach of dogs.

My endo says she would prefer I have sugar and dose for it! She is very much against artificial sugars of any kind. Stevia is ok for my tea but I don’t bake with it.

I feels tons better getting off any artificial chemical substitutes!

hth

Ressy

I actually like Xylitol and Erythritol as sugar alcohols. I do fine with both of them, no gastric distress. Xylitol can have a small effect on blood sugar, it has a GI of 13 (glucose has a GI of 100). Erythritol is even better and has a GI of 0. I use mostly Stevia for sweetening and unfortunately, Stevia being 300 times sweeter than sugar needs to be filled to have the same sweetener density as sugar. There are mixtures with things like inulin, but they don’t dissolve well, and I hate putting something in coffee and have white stuff floating on top, that is just wrong.

In the end, in terms of taste, I found that I liked Stevia with Erythritol best with stevia with Xylitol a close second. Truvia is Stevia and Erythritol. Purevia on the other hand is mixed with dextrose (read as glucose) and cellulose powder (yuk).

I try to eat as organic as possible. I buy free range chicken and beef without hormones or antibiotics added. I only use organic dairy and drink coconut milk. I try to avoid wheat and soy. I do use the Toraini and DaVinci syrups in small amounts. For baking I use stevia. I buy the stevia without any dextrose in it. It is hard to find. Agave is mostly fructose and may add to higher triglycerides numbers. I had my babies so long ago I can’t remember what I ate. I did avoid soda and coffee.

Xylitol ha been around since the 1890’s. It was discovered by the Finnish. It has been widely used to great acclaim in Finland, Russia, Germany and China since the mid-twentieth Century. Most Europeans, especailly in the Scandinavian countries, prefer the use of xylitol over sugar by 70% of the populace. Xylitol aso has the added benefits of fighting bacteria and strengthening teeth and bones. I find it ridiculous that the USA and Canada say they have to “test” it, considering that it has been in such wide use for so long and with such positives results. Dont’ trust the FDA on the diabetes issues. They will do all they can to get you onto insulin.