Grow Your Growth To Support Diabetes Awareness Month

Rally Beard

A Worldwide Pandemic

Every year, millions of people worldwide are affected by diabetes, a degenerative disorder of insulin dysregulation. In the United States – the year 2010, 18.8 million people were diagnosed with some form of diabetes, and 7.0 million people don’t know they have the disease. According to the NDIC (National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse,) Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non-traumatic lower-limb amputations, and new cases of blindness among adults in the United States.

Here I am, a day late for this proclamation, but here it is: Since November is Diabetes Awareness Month, I will grow a goatee to raise awareness for the cause, research, and eventual cure.

Perhaps you know about Movember – a great campaign that is raising awareness for prostate cancer. There are rules to promoting your cause. In the interest of simplifying things, I suggest that the rules for Diabetes Advocacy be a little more relaxed.

Here is how you can join in: For the month of November, don’t shave your growth completely off. If you want to grow a mustache, goatee, beard, or go completely Grizzly Adams, that’s great. Starting yesterday, and through to November 30, see how long your growth will get!

If you want to help the cause, grow your growth, and give to the advancement of a cure at the Joslin Diabetes Center’s High Hopes Fund. You can also give online here.