Guardian 3 Transmitter Replacement

When I had my first training after upgrading from the 530G & Enlite to the 670G & Guardian 3, my new trainer said that the transmitters should usually be replaced approximately every 6 months or so. In the past few days, which is approximately 6 months after I started the 670G & Guardian 3, I suddenly started having very inaccurate numbers at very unexpected times, even when I have been doing nothing and have had level numbers for several hours. Has anybody else had these unexpected inaccuracies or have any knowledge of how often the Guardian 3 transmitter should be replaced? Thanks.

The transmitter should be replaced every 12 months. The trainer was incorrect about every six months. The Guardian 3 transmitter is replaced every 12 months.

The transmitter is likely not the cause. The transmitter does not interpret the numbers. It simply transmits the data. The pump interprets the data. The sensor supplies data to the transmitter which converts it to digital data and then transmits the results.

My advice is to stay in contact with customer service. The first thing to look at is the sensor. I hope you can get some help.

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

I learned something. 12month replacements.
Does Medtronic reach out to you when it’s time to replace, or do you need to reach out to them?

They did not reach out to me. I always keep my box and I write on the box the day I received it and then start the process the month behind.

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

In November, 2017 when I got my Guardian sensors and transmitter, they were covered (80%) by my supplemental insurance. In 2018 my insurance was switched to Medicare Advantage which does not cover CGMSs. Accordingly, my transmitter is about a year old and seems to be working fine. Nobody ever told me the transmitter needs to be changed after 12 months. I can’t afford to change my transmitter every 12 months. My Enlights lasted for several years.

Don - the guardians are guardian transmitters are guaranteed for one year. There is no requirement to replace them. The enlite transmitter’s were guaranteed for six months.

Sorry I am in the car I will add the disclaimer and clean up what I wrote when I get home.

I hope u aren’t texting and driving! :slight_smile: Just teasing–I’m sure you aren’t.

Naw, I was a passenger. I was concerned about thinking Solomon had to change the transmitter if it was still working. I hope I headed that off.