Has anyone been in the pregnancy program called Sweet Success?

When I was pregnant the doctor recommended me to a program called Sweet Success its a program for diabetic women who are pregnant. The day before my appointment i had a miscarriage. So i had to cancel the appointment but when I called they told me that also have a program called Preconception consulting a program for diabetic women who want to get pregnant. I went to my first appointment today it was 3 hours long and i met with a team of diabetic professionals, They reviewed my bl number and set up a meal guide and helped me with a plan to get my numbers right so i can get the green light to try to have a baby again. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this program or has heard about it. I was told its everywhere.

I’ve not heard of it. However, if anyone has recommendations for the Cincinnati area, I’d like the information. It sounds like it was very informative and helpful.

i googled and found this hopefully this helps it might not be the same type of program but it seems like its similiar
http://www.universityhospitalcincinnati.com/women/Diabetes.html
you might want to ask your healthcare provider if they know of any programs im sure they do

Thanks so much!

Haven’t heard of this, but sounds awesome! I am going to google now. Thanks!

in other states i believe similar programs are called preconception consulting

Hey everyone well today i got the green light to ttc!! I am so excited, brought my a1c down to a 5.7.

I haven’t heard of it, but would love to take part if there is one Chicago. I would love to find some type 1 diabetic women in my area who are trying to get pregnant, are pregnant, or have been through it.

http://www.med.uc.edu/obgyn/Diabetes/index.cfm

hey everyone just want to let you know im pregnant! 9 weeks!! my a1c is 4.8

Moni!!! congrats!!! i am so very happy for you!!!

thanks that means a lot!!

Hi. I’m a nurse and midwife (and a type 1 diabetic) in San Francisco and met with a woman who runs the sweet success program here. It sounds wonderful. She is really dedicated and I think the idea is to support you and give you resources to be the healthiest you can be during your pregnancy. I’d recommend checking it out. Also if you can, go to a clinic that is geared especially for diabetes and pregnancy. There are great clinicians (NPs, RNs and MDs) who work together as a team, will check in with you weekly to help monitor your body’s changes and make adjustments to your insulin as needed. Pregnancy brings big changes!

What changes did you make that brought your a1c down? that so wonderful! and congrats on the babe!

If anyone is in the Boston/New England area Joslin Diabetes Center has an excellent program called Joslin Pregnancy Program-it is at Beth Isreal. They work with you preconception through birth. It is amazing.
Elizabeth

the dietitian really helped on the meal planning and the food and carb awareness she gave me like a base meal plan which i could substitute different things it helped a lot. i think when u have a good team like that that you check in with it really helps you stay on top of things, i started exercising more,