Has anyone taken Bydureon

Has anyone taken Bydyureon...what is your story...finally after 10 weeks...it seems to be working for me.

here's a discussion from some members familiar with it
https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/just-been-prescribed-bydureon

Thank you! :)

Hi Carl,

I am in the middle of my 4th week. The first 3 weeks, bc was through the roof. It has come down some this week, but still not acceptable. If it takes as long as 10 weeks, maybe I'll stick it out. I was ready to return to Victoza and manage the symptoms, which had gotten very bad with nausea, dyspepsia and vomiting. I was losing weight (not a bad thing) because food did not really interest me much, other than the "bad" foods. I am enjoying food again, and I had not realized how much I had lost my appetite. However, I have put back about 4 lbs and I am not happy with that.

Barbara

I took my first shot this morning of Bydureon. I have to admit I was a little nervous about taking it (I have had the medicine for 2 weeks)after everything I have read about it. I hope it helps and with very few symptoms. I tried the Victoza but could not handle the nausea and vomiting, it was affecting my job. At this point only time will tell.

Shell I’m well into this now. It is working! With a minimum of nausea. It is much more tolerable to take and my blood glucose is back to controlled levels. Once a week is great too. It did take a bit longer to kick in than advertised, so hang in there. The needle is huge (:-() and its a pain to prepare. But they say a pen is in development.

Well I'm going off Bydureon as it has not helped me at all. Im going to try glipizide and see where that gets me. Hope the Bydureon continues to work for you!

Carl

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I am going to stay on it, but you are right it is a pain to prepare and the needle is huge. Can't wait for the pen!! Also, so far I feel fine since I took the shot yesterday.

How long have you been on the Bydureon?

Since beginning of February or end of January.