Heavy duty case for 670G pump

Hello everyone. I’m going to be getting a 670G insulin pump soon and am looking heavy duty for cases. In the past I had an animas pump and always got a heavy duty leather case. As I’ve been looking around I’ve not foundmany heavy duty cases for the 670G.

The one I’ve found is here:https://medtronicdiabetes.secure.force.com/store/cases-skins/classic-leather-case/acc-803bk . Does anyone know if it fits the 670G. The listing says it’s for the 630G. I’m not sure if those two pumps are the same sizes. I’ve mostly been looking on metronic’s website, eBay, and Amazon.

Does anyone have any other recommendation for heavy duty cases for the 670G? I strongly feel that if a device is going to cost several thousand that I can’t afford to not get some good protection.

The 630G pump is apparently the MMT-1715 model number. From the MiniMed 630G User Guide:

Pump dimensions

The MMT-1715 pump dimensions in inches are approximately 2.1 width x 3.78 length x 0.96 depth.
The MMT-1715 pump dimensions in centimeters are approximately 5.3 width x 9.6 length x 2.44 depth.

For comparison, here are the dimensions of the 670G from its User Guide:

The pump dimensions in inches are approximately 2.1 width x 3.78 length x 0.96 depth.

The pump dimensions in centimeters are approximately 5.3 width x 9.6 length x 2.44 depth.

So, it looks like the physical dimensions of the 630G and 670G are the same.

The 670G and the 630G are the same size. I have the 630G and am using the silicon skin you can get from Medtronic. That seems to be all that is needed. I have had 2 Medtronic pumps the 500series in the past 12 years, they seem to be quite durable. I would however get a screen protector so you don’t scratch the screen. I don’t have that but I am being very careful not to scratch it.

1 Like

I suggest a non heavy duty but very functional silicone outside liner. They are sold by Medtornic and mine has dropped from the counter with nothing more than a slight bounce. I also use a screen protector.

https://medtronicdiabetes.secure.force.com/store/cases-skins/600series-silicone-skins/600series-silicone-skin-pink

They come in more than pink, don’t worry.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve never used a silicone case before. Does it make getting it in and out of your pocket more difficult? -As in does it “grip” the inside of the pocket when it’s being pulled out?

for years, I’ve made screen protectors by cutting down a cell phone screen protector to the correct size. You can get more than a couple protectors from one larger-size cell phone protector. Just be sure to know before you cut off a piece, which is the number 1 side!

It does grab a little, but not much. It is a great addition to my little pump.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

I just started using the MiniMed 670G. The belt clip is a PITA! It’s difficult to remove from belts, pockets etc. It holds the pump vertically which means I am constantly being pocked in the stomach when sitting in the car or at my desk.

The horizontal leather case is out of stock on Medtronic’s website. I searched Amazon.com and found a universal cell phone case that is within the dimensions of the MiniMed 670G.

Internal dimensions: 4.13" x 2.05" x 1" (L x W x H) .

I also looked into a case for carrying extra diabetic supplies, e.g., infusion set, CGMS sensors, batteries, glucose meter, test strips, alcohol wipes, etc. But … most of the kits are designed for people using needles, syringes or insulin pens.

Check out Type 1 tactical - https://www.type1tactical.com/