Hello Everyone, I'm new here

Hello everyone, I’m new here and just wanted to say hello. My name is John and I’m a 45 years old single male living in Homestead, Florida. I just found out I have type 2 diabetes on 6/15/2009 and I’m trying to learn as much as possible about this, it’s a lot to take in all at once, but I’m trying hard. So far I’m feeling ok, eating better and seem to be in pretty good shape. hopefully it stays that way. Good Luck everyone and God Bless.

Hi John and welcome . You will find people with lots of knowledge on this site who are more than willing to help… So ask away.

Thanks for the reply Sareln, I’m trying to learn everything I can about this, I only found out I had diabetes about 2 months ago, so it’s a lot to take in all at once. Have a nice evening and take care : )

Hello there John. Happy to see you here. I do hope you will enjoy learning with us here and any shared thoughts, comments and suggestions are highly welcome. Learning so much things can be so overwhelming sometimes so take one step at a time. We will be happy to support. Welcome to the family!

Welcome John! Glad that you joined us and that you are doing well since diagnosis! Keep up those good habits!

Hello John: :slight_smile:

Welcome to TuD. You’ll be amazed with all the info and Wonderful People here. We’re Happy that you found us. You have a lot to learn, so take it slow. All the info can become overwhelming for a Newbie sometimes, as Teena suggested. I hope that you continue on a health-conscious path while enjoying your Life. Good Shot! :wink: Great photos, btw.

hi , john , welcome to join, you are recently diagnosed, so don,t worry , just try to manage your bg, and don,t worry, you would’t get any complications , and if any start , it will not come before you age 100. so u would live 150 years …

i think 150 years are gud enough to live and know puzzles of life

and indian saints say" challenges,troubles, grief, pain makes a man sensitive towards another living beings"

Hi John, welcome aboard. Here you will find people who are new, a few of us coming on 1 yr and people who have been working with this for a lot of years. You have a lot of information to sort through in your first few months, people here can help.

Thank you for the nice welcome Terrie. Everyone and this site has been a lot of help.

Hi John, welcome to Tu, Glad you found us x

Welcome John! Unfortunatly this isn’t something that gets learned over night. You will have alot of trials and tribulations. I am also a T2 and learning something new every day. This site is awesome when it comes to learning. Good job so far! Best of luck to you!