Help for Type II

Help for Type IIBefore retiring, most of my career involved clinical research. In 1968 I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. From then on, I spent most of my spare time trying to find a solution for my conditon. As a result of my research, I have been able to minimize the amount of medication I take, and improve my overall health and wellbeing.
Over 2/3s of the patients with Type II Diabetes suffer from Hypochlorhydria, or Achlorhydria. These two conditions occur in the first stage of digestion. Hypochlorhydria is the reduction of Hydrochloric acid (HCL) production produced by the Parietal cells in the gut. Achlorhydria is the complete absence of HCL production in the gut.
The primary responsibility of the gut is the sterilization, emulsification, and conversion of the nutrients a person consumes. There is very little absorption in the gut, with the exception of certain fluids, one being alcohol. By the way alcohol reduces the Prietal cells ability to produce HCL. Food enters the gut, and is combined with Hydrochloric acid, enzymes, and other gastric juices. The HCL breaks the food down into a thick liquidy mass called chyme. The enzymes responsible for the conversion of the nutrients is the Peptic enzymes. Pepsin I and II are the chief enzymes of the gastric juices. They are responsible for the conversion of Proteins into Proteoses, and Peptones, which are the building blocks for the Amino acids. Starches are converted to useable sugars. The Peptic enzymes are most active in the conversion process when the gut pH is at 1.0 to 3.0 pH. When the pH of the gut moves toward the neutral side, because the parietal cells are not producing sufficient HCL, these enzymes are less active. When the gut pH is at 5.0 pH they are no longer active in the conversion process.
To complicate these conditons, the Pyloric Sphincter at the base of antrum in the gut, starts to relax, on average, at 4.0 to 4.5 pH, allowing the contents of the gut to dump into the duodenum and small bowell. When unsterilized and unconverted nutrients are dumped into the second stage of digestion, many serious problems will occur.
When unnconverted nutrients, especially foods with processed sugar, caffeine, carbohydrates, etc., enter the second stage of digestion, they stimulate the body organs and tissue. This stimulation causes the cells to release glucose, which creates elevated levels of blood sugars. These unconverted nutrients cause the body’s cell structure to become highly acidic, which inhibits the release of Glycogen from the liver, and in turn prevents the body from burning fats.
A balanced alkaline diet is essential in the prevention aand treatment of diabetes. Unfortuantely a balanced diet will only work when the first stage of digestion has a properly balanced pH. The first stage of digestion must work at its optimum level to provide support for the immune system and other systems in the body. If you do not believe this stop eating and see what happens.
By correcting the unbalanced condition in my first stage of digestion, I was able to reduce the amount of medicaton I take, and I have more energy, feel great, and I am able to reduce my weight without going overboard with exercise…
How was the unbalanced condition corrected? I went to a Physician that does pH diagnostic test, or gastrograms. The pH Diagnostic test was able to tell me that I had Hypochlorhydria. During the test the doctor was able to deterime what type of medication I needed, and the amount needed. The pH Diagnostic test was very accurate.
If you decide to get a test, please be careful. The first doctor I went to, tested my oral pH with litmus paper, which I soon learned was a great big $300.00 scam. Why?, because the pH of the mouth is controled by the parasympathetic nervous system (brain), thinking about food, or being hungry will alter the pH of the mouth. A oral litmus paper test will not tell you what is really happening in the gut.
Get a pH diagnostic test or gastrogram.

Thanks for this great information.

What’s involved with a gastrogram? Geesh, $300 to put litmus paper in your mouth.

In addition to an alkaline diet, do digestive enzymes help? I’m Type 1 with gastroparesis & take 3 Betaine HCL capsules with my first bite of food.

What meds do you take to help?

Hi Gerry
A gastrogram or pH Diagnostic test takes about 30 minutes in a doctors office. You swallow a micro-electonic capsule that monitors the pH of the digestive process. When it enters the gut, the acid producing cells are challenged to determine how much or how little acid the cell produce. If you digestive systems is out of balance the physician will give you small amounts of natural medications to determine how much medication is requires to bring your system back into balance. Most Hypochlorhydric or Achlorhydric people are deficient is B12 and other enzymes. How and when you take digestive enzymes is very improtant, and the doctor will tell you what you need to know. You can find more info by searching the internet under pH capsule.

Thanks, Jacob.