Henna on feet for diabetics

I first found out about this from my Moroccan son-in-law. His mom in Morocco has diabetes too! He knows I’m a henna artist and said I should try henna on my feet all over the bottom and toes. This is the natural way they do it in Morocco to help your feet especially when you have diabetes! Hmmm okay, I could try that! WOW! I had dry skin and the henna made my feet smooth and silky! Further discussions with him revealed it toughens the skin and kills most bacteria and fungus! Whoa. His mom doesn’t always wear shoes outdoors and never has a problem! WOW! It stains your feet and toes a reddish brown, but is natural and exfolliates with your skin. I love this stuff!!! I have the nicest feet now! Don’t just buy any old henna, if you’re interested, get the fresh stuff!! It’s cheap and easy to do! If you want to know just where to get henna for your feet, no junk added, let me know! I’m not sure it’s appropriate to include the website here, so just ask! No, I don’t get kickbacks from the website! Just wanting to help people out!

I love henna! It really does help your feet (and hands too!)…I get mine from a local food store here (always fresh, henna-y goodness!) :slight_smile:

Yes, it does help the hands too! I don’t put EOs in my henna for my feet or fingertips! EOs can change BG readings, but henna and lemon juice doesn’t! It heals the fingertip sticks quicker and blocks out pain from sticks too! Just be VERY careful where you buy your henna! Henna on the shelf loses potency quickly and some stores add green dye to make it seem fresh when you get it.
Yay, for you for loving henna!!!

i want to know more about it for sure!

Hi! Henna in Morocco is used quite frequently. It is used for ceremonies and as make up is used in this country. It is a dye that originated from India and spead across to the northern parts of Africa. I was married in Morocco and the first of three days of a marriage party is called the “henna.” The hands and feet are marked with intricate geometric designs to indicate to every one who the bride is. The stain, depending on the length of time you keep the henna paste on, can last up to 6 weeks. About 8 years ago, temporary tattos became popular and so did henna for the body. As for helping dry skin, I haven’t heard of it for that before. That would stain your feet orange. It does add a nice shine to your hair though.

Yes, it’s used in many ways! If you want to see a lovely piece of Moroccan henna art, visit Beth’s art group!

Henna helps because, if it is actual natural henna (NEVER use black henna), it has mild anti-fungal properties (good for feet) and thickens the skin slightly, as well as acts as a sun protectant. And yes, using henna on your hands and feet will dye them a lovely deep brown, if it’s been well mixed :slight_smile:

Henna as a decorative art has a history in every major world religion, and is currently used in many cultures in times of celebration or sorrow.

Yes, NEVER EVER use black henna. Henna is NOT black! Black henna contains PPD which causes scars, sores and in many a severe allergic reaction that can cause health problems through out your life. Also, henna on children under 10 yrs is also not advised. Children with G6PD defeciency would have a reaction. As diabetics we must be aware of even natural products!

I would love to know the website as well!