Hey Everyone! I am a new-b at TuDiabetes

Hey Everyone! I am a new-b at TuDiabetes. I found it by looking for some diabetic quotes. One of the quotes that I found, was from a womans Tudiabetes page… I was feeling a little depressed, but so far just reading peoples post, I already feel better :slight_smile: I have been a diabetic for about 4 years now. I found out I had diabetes just 3 months after my dad passed away from cancer… If that wasnt a life altering sitution, that I dont know what would be. My family made me go to the hosptial because they thought that I had a “drug” problem or a eating disorder because I had lost SOOO MUCH weight in the 3 months after my dad died that they noticed that it was not normal… I tired to convince them that I def did not have a drug problem or a eating disorder. It got to the point that I was eating, but everything I was eating did not stay down ( not knowing that my blood sugar was sooooooooooo high that it was making me sick). So I finally went to the hosptial. When I got there, they told me that they were going to check me for a kidney infection because my lower back hurt. When they came back in the room, they had 3 doctors with them. The told me that I was diabetic… At the time, I really didnt even know what that meant. My Blood sugar was 598 and my a1c was 15.8. I spent 5 days in the hosptial. Not only did I think my world was coming to an END, I was only a hallway away from where my dad had just died 3 months before! I tried the whole “taking” shots thing and I was no good at it. So finally about 2 years ago, I got a pump. It was the best decision of my “diabetic” life. Now 4 years later, I am still trying to come to the grasp of having diabetes… I am the ONLY one in my family that has it, so it is kinda hard to deal with it, when people try to act like they know what you are going threw, when they really have NO idea. But what do you say to someone that is just there to try to help you cope? I am VERY excited to be a part of this website. Just looking at what others blog about, it’s stuff that we as diabetics go threw everyday, and when asking for advice, your getting it from someone that knows JUST what you are going threw :slight_smile:

Hey Breck! Welcome…I think we all have our own struggles and stories with dealing with diabetes. It is wonderful to have others who can not only understand but also support you.You will find all that here. I have only been on the site for about a month or so and I am so happy that I found it. It makes things that much easier when you know your not alone because there are a lot of us who are the only ones in their friends and family with it. And lets face it unless you have it you will never understand…lol

Sorry to hear about your father.

~Rye

WELCOME!!! Glad you found us here we all understand the things other ppl in your life don’t seem to. May I ask whose Qoute from TuD you liked?

Hi Breck: :slight_smile:

Welcome to TuD. I’m Glad that you found us.

I"m sorry about what you had to go through especially when you were in mourning for your Dad.

There are loads of Good People here going through Diabetes with you. Ask anything that you need to. I’m Happy that you are Happy with your pump. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ladies for the Welcome!

Doris- I can’t remember who’s profile I came across, but the quote was “Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with one hand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing on a tightrope” - Marlene Less.

And Rye- I am supper excited to get to know people on here that understand… like you said, you don’t understand what it feels like unless you are dealing with it! So nice to to “somewhat” meet ya :slight_smile:

I can’t think right now who has that diabetic quote but it’s so right huh?

So glad that you found us…The support and friendship you find on TuD is amazing. We are here for you 24/7.

Welcome!!

Welcome, this place is really inspirational with some great people that know alot about diabetes. I came here in a dark place in my life and the wonderful people in this site helped me get through some really tough times.

I’m new around here also. I think you’ll find that the members here are extremely helpful and supportive. I’ve learned so much in just the last week. Welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi Breck, firstly a big welcome, and secondly your story seems to sound like every other diabetic which makes me feel better. My wife thought I was on a serious diet as that is what cyclists do if they don’t have the funds to buy a lighter bike. Have a great day. :slight_smile:

Welcome to TuD. Very supportive group.