High then low this morning

My fasting blood sugar this morning was 17.1mmol tested 20 minutes later and was at 6.5 mmol. Very confused about this. My doctor is not open today.

If you did nothing in between, I’d vote on meter error. If i get an unexpected number i wash hands and check again.

Only think I did was finish getting my daughter ready for school and I retested. Hoping for a meter error

I don’t know what numbers those are in mmo. Maybe it was a meter error if you had something on your fingers etc. I usually do 2-3 sticks if I’m worried it’s wrong. Did you feel you dropped a lot? I do have a lot of fluctuations but I feel most of them.

I remember one time a year or so ago that I did a finger stick test and got a number in the 400s. That would be over 22 mmol / L. For a few seconds it freaked me out, but then I realized that I must have something on my finger, as it just couldn’t be my blood glucose from what I’d eaten. So I washed and took another test to find it normal. Then I remembered that I’d eaten a few raisins. Obviously I hadn’t washed well enough to get all the sugary substance off.

Whenever I get a number higher than expected now I re-wash my hands and re-test. And if I get a number lower than expected, I suspect that I might have had too little blood on the test strip, so I also re-test making sure I have a big enough drop. With my meter if there is far too little blood, it will give an error message. But if the drop is just a little less than needed, it accepts it but naturally gives a lower reading.