Holiday Recipes

Hope you are enjoy the holiday season.do any of you have any holiday cookies or cookie bar recepies that you would like to share.I cannot fine any.I would appreciate any. THANKS VICKI MARCOE

Go to http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/recipe/ProcessRecipeSearch?category=Desserts&phrase=&x=30&y=8

Walnut Cranberry Cookies
• 1½ cups almond meal
• 1 cup whey protein powder (I use vanilla flavor and reduce the sweetener)
• ½ cup (one stick) butter
• 4 oz cream cheese (can use low fat)
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ cup sugar substitute
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 cup whole cranberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

1. Cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add sweetener, cinnamon, and salt, and beat again. Add eggs, and beat until combined.
  2. Add almond meal, protein powder, and baking soda and combine well.
  3. Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
  4. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or one covered with a silicone mat. The size is up to you, but avoid very large cookies.
  1. Bake about 7-9 minutes, until top is just browning. Cool completely before eating - really, they are so much better after they are cool. I don’t know why. Store in a sealed container.
    Nutritional Information: Each of 32 cookies has 1 gram carb plus 1 gram fiber, 4 grams protein, and 94 calories.

I have discovered a very low carb and low fat way to make egg nog! I start with the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk and add to it brandy extract and Splenda to taste along with a sprinkling of nutmeg. This stuff is outta this world since it tastes just like eggnog without all of the high carbs and high fat. Since the Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk only has 2 gm. carbs and 3 gm. fat, it can be easily added to most any diabetic diet. Enjoy!!!

A bar cookie that combines two favorites – chocolate chips and peanut butter in vanilla dough. Oats help to keep them moist – if they last that long. Sure to be a favorite.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

1/2 cup stick butter, softened
1 cup Equal
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick oats, uncooked
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Beat butter, Equal and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in milk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually mix in combined flour, oats, baking soda and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread mixture evenly in well-sprayed 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 23 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Store in airtight container at room temperature.

Makes 48 bars. Per serving: Calories 68, protein 1 g, carbohydrate 7 g, fat 4 g, cholesterol 10 mg, sodium 42 mg.

i have a great (YUMMY!) oatmeal cookie recipe and it’s so easy! i have a sweet tooth and always make these ahead so i have something to munch on. here it is…
3 cups oatmeal (regular not quick oats)
1 cup splenda
3 eggs
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla

mix all ingredients well and drop onto cookie sheet (I spray mine with Pam), then bake 12-15 minutes on pre-heated 350 degree oven. These cookies are terrific and anyone who loves oatmeal will love these. I have (a couple times) added a half cup of finely chopped walnuts and you could also add 1/2 cup raisins, of course that would raise the carb count. Even without the walnuts or raisins these are delicious and sooooo easy! Sometimes I will have 3 of thse cookies in place of oatmeal and a slice of toast for breakfast. I get hungry at night and will have two with a serving of sugar free jello. They really ‘hit the spot’! Enjoy everyone! Juliet