How can I combine pump & CGM info?

So love our Dexcom, but when I want to make changes to Sarah’s pump settings it would be awfully nice if I could compare her Dexcom readings to her pump info, as in when she received insulin and how much. Any thoughts? Is there any platform out there that allows you to share Medtronic and Dexcom info?

I think that Tidepool works with both Medtronic and Dexcom.

…AND the Contour Next Link BG Meter, too!

I didn’t know you could do that. How to accomplish that?:flushed:

Glooko (glooko.com) will connect to both the Dexcom G5 and some of the Minimed pumps (and it will read data from the Carelink app). Here is the compatibility list Diabetes & Health Monitoring Device Compatibility | Glooko

I use Glooko with my Omnipod, and it overlays boluses and my basal with the G5 data. It is a nice view for making adjustments.

Step 1.) Verify that the times/dates are identical on both machines.( I always forget that part.)

Step 2.) Convince your diabetic to collect data

Step 3.) GET DATA FROM PUMP (takes 2 steps)

3a.) Export the data from the pump as a .csv file https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/sites/default/files/library/download-library/user-guides/carelink-v3_0/en_carelink_pro_user_guide.pdf![|625x500](upload://qozZcBAgUjxdznVaYGXcpQB5C2M.png)

3b.) Import the pump .csv into Microsft Excel file Import or export text (.txt or .csv) files - Microsoft Support

Step 4.) GET DATA FROM DEX

4a.) Export the data from the Dexcom as a .csv (Note: not as a .txt like the instructions show)
https://www.dexcom.com/faq/how-do-i-export-my-data

4b.) Import the Dexcom .csv into Microsoft Excel document.

(If you want help with the Dexcom part, let me know, I’ll walk you through it.)

You don’t have to work that hard using Tidepool at ALL!

1 Like

Grrr… spend over an hour last night trying to get Tidepool to work - great suggestion by the way. The only problem is our Carelink Account is Canadian and so it won’t accept our credentials. How annoying!

Ok so we use diasend so now but it won’t talk to Medtronic so now I will look into Glooko. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I assume that you contacted Tidepool tech support because they are very helpful. But as you say, maybe the problem is your Canadian credentials.

Tidepool’s tech support has been super helpful. They did say I could just set up a US carelink account and go that way… but then I would have to fudge an American address and say that I’m an American citizen and I dunno, but I really don’t want to do that… silly as it may seem. :slight_smile:

I know that you can export Carelink data in a CSV file because I’ve done it before, and that is essentially what they are trying to import, so in my last email I asked if there was a work-around they could use that would allow me to directly send them the CSV file.

1 Like

Its only hard the first time. :smile:
I post because it is the most widely applicable method that is most likely to work, independent of hardware or software differences.