Maybe add to your New Yrs Resolution?
1. We're Supposed to be Eating from 20-30 g's of Fiber a day or so they say..
2. And thus to Also having Regular BM's as well- R U REGULAR?
3. But It's been studied, the ave. Insulin Diabetic ave. less than ? 10 G's a Day
Mostly due to Reducing Carbs that have Fiber in them as well.. Less Fruit, Bread, Etc.. so we can take Less Insulin and Have better BG's
4. I yrs ago, I made a List of Most of my Mostly eaten Foods and ck'd on the Tot. G's of Fiber and came up with the Average of only 12-14 g's of Fiber a day..
Alternatives for Increasing our FIBER?
1. Try Oat Bran Tabs
2. FiberCom pills.
3. Physillium Husk powder, Flax seed Powder, Metimucil..
4. Apples? ave 2-3 g of Fiber, but 15 g of Carbs! 20% ratio
4. butt, FIBER CHOICE Tabs.. ave 4 carbs, but 4 g's of Fiber.. 100% ratio and Soluble Fiber at that, has been Best for me.. and I also use them Instead of Glucose tabs to keep BG's Up..get both riase BG's & Fiber all-in-0ne.. quarter-size tablet..
But watch the Carbs.. And your BG's I have to take some insulin when I take any of the above, since it has? Carbs... ( ave 1 unit per 8 carbs)
I piece of Wheat Bread, having 2-3 g's of fiber, but has 16-18 Carbs
I take Fiber Choice instead as a Booster for my Increasing my Tot Fiber Intake
I tried getting some Corn Stalks and chewing on them, but that got messy..especially made a Mess in the Trunk of the car, going to a Farm Field and Pulling them out, roots and all ..
What's your ideas on getting more Fiber , with Less Carbs = Needing less Insulin?