How has TuDiabetes helped you?

Thank you Manny for the opportunity to share how much this website means to me. Our son was diagnosed in Sept and I have found incredible help and support in the “parents of Type 1 children” group. It is a close knit supportive group of moms and dads. We live in rural Arkansas and could never have this level of support if we didn’t have TuDiabetes. In our son’s school there is only one other child with diabetes.
Thank you Manny for seeing the need and founding this website!!! Kudos to you!

Rick…I have only been living with T1 for 5 years. I would love to hear anything you have to say. I give you so much credit for dealing with this for 34 years.

I hope you are feeling well,
Good luck.

I am very happy to read that the community is giving you a space to share with others that you can relate to in a way that would otherwise not be possible!

It has helped tremendously. I am not alone. If I have a question, concern, anything and there are always several friends ready to help, hug and give advice or share experiences.
This is the greatest web group I have ever joined.
I love my diabetic family!

It’s a place for talking, getting or giving guidance. Sharing, learning, teaching, understanding everything to do with diabetes. Being amongst people whom like you share your same problem and most of all a place to get and give support. It’s a second home amongst people who understand you and what you are going through!

I feel that endocronologists, and internests ,and regular doctors are overloaded with patients. They dont have the time to answer all of our questions, and the time to educate us.
Sometimes I get home from my doctor appointment and I still have unanswered questions.
The online community i.e. TuDiabetes is a 24/7 place to go for help when we need it , because we all have different experiences that we can relate here on the site.
Also ,its a great place to meet other people with the same problem. I find myself checking the site daily.
Thanks to Manny ,we all have a place to go to now.
Bill Harper
7814-BillHarper.jpg (26.6 KB)

Tudiabetes has shown me that my home diabetes site is not the only exvellent site on the web. This a wonderful site but I am so busy at other things that I rarely get a chance to visit now. I presented my story here and it apparently helped some who read it. There is much sharing between members here and that is not always trie on other sites. I do not see any rudeness here and I really like that!!! We respect each other and we do not belittle each other here. All these things help me to realize that a large group of people can get along despite their personal differences. It seems that on tudiabetes we realize that “If you cannot say something nice then we should not say anything at all”.

Thanks Manny for a wonderful place for us diabetics to learn and share.

TuDiabetes has helped me in numerous ways.When I decided to go on the pump I was able to find information about it and how to deal with certain situations.It also helps me feel like I belong.I wish I had found it sooner.I have met many wonderful people who are willing to lend their ear.

Lois, I haven’t had diabetes for twenty years, but three and I come from a normal family. I am the one who feels dysfunctional for I am a deaf, 68 year old with a pacemaker along with diabetes (type 2). I do not have a close friend to share things with as no normal hearing person wants to be tied down with such a person. My sister is my friend and she would even give one of her ears for me to hear with if she could. This website does offer a great source of information if you can find it. I’m still exploring of where to turn as I have learned there are about 6665 members here. How do I narrow down my search? Are there any other deaf people at this site?

hi, Barbie! I did a search on “forum” using the key word “deaf” and I found one of our members, Rosana - she is a mom in CA. We haven’t heard from her in a while, maybe you can wake her up! I’m sure there are others, too, just search in the “Members” area. Send me a message if you want some help. I understand a little about the deaf community.

Judith, I don’t know all of those new-fangled terminology associated with diabetes either, but I love to take a wild guess at those “initialized” type of communications. How does “Insulin Control Therapy” sound? Nasty aren’t I?

Thanks, Manny. The survey helped me, too. My input might not be great, but the questions were very intelligent and thought provoking. The website should benefit from the involvement of its members. I’m glad I’m here.

It’s amazing what connecting with others on the same page (no pun intended) can do. It has brought home the sheer IMMENSE numbers of people with diabetes yes, but what’s more it has made me feel that I AM NORMAL…the joy of being able to connect with diabetics WORLD WIDE…and to know without a shadow of a doubt that the person at the other end understands…and that I too understand their pain. Not to mention the availability to locate variationS in accessability to other groups under the umbrella of tu.diabetes, i.e. Canadians with diabetes…the poetry club…where in Canada are you…the music group…etc etc. THANK YOU, Manny…from your northern neighbour…linda.

I have to say that I can not imagine dealing with Diabetes without the constant input from others fighting the same battles. Those of you who have been doing so for years inspire me. Those of you who seem to have it way more together teach me. Those of you (most of us perhaps) that struggle remind me of ways to cope. Those of you with diabetic children awe me. Good luck to us all.

Thanks for being there for me. I have learned some things that have been helpful despite the nightmare of brittle diabetes.

Judith…I think the kids that said “wicked cool” are in their 30’s now! I have heard my 21 year old say “solid,” Yes! SOL-IIIID, from our day! But I don’t know if she is making fun of something or being current.

Great discussion Manny! Even though I’m new here, I have learned alot about diabetes from everyone here.
It’s great to know that when I have a question or problem, there are so many people here to help since they’ve been there, done that.
It’s great to know that I am not alone in trying to control this disease.
It’s great to know that I have such great support whenever I need it.
Thanks Manny for creating TuDiabetes!

TuDiabetes made me realize that I wasn’t alone.

That there are many just like me who had the same symptoms…same feelings…same concerns…same activities…same frustrations…same pains…same dreams…

Yup, we may be so different and coming from far and all walks of life…but the same in so many ways.

What I love about this place is that everyone has been more than helpful and so full of encouragement. It is such a positive atmosphere. Thank you for creating this website Manny. I don’t want to say I was in denial about my Diabetes but I think I was definitely being ignorant about it. I am learning to embrace my condition and use it to make me a better, stronger, and healthier person. I don’t think I really could have taken control back had it not been for this site. I have already made numerous positive changes since joining here. Again, thank you so much Manny!

Are you interested in finding other online diabetic communities for similar research?

For example, some newsgroups:

alt.support.diabetes
alt.food.diabetic
alt.support.diabetes.uk
misc.health.diabetes

(All four somewhat linked to each other.)