How high is a high?

I was just wondering what you consider as a high reading and at what reading do you take a correction bolus?
Thanks

My pump is set so that it corrects down to 120 and corrects up to 100. My sensitivity factor is 35. So even if I’m 165, it will subtract 120 and divide by 35 and that’s my recommended dose. Likewise if I’m 82, and I’m correcting to 100, it will subtract a little bit of insulin.

My pump isn’t so sophisticated. I have to do all the brain work myself. I have an Accu-Chek Spirit, which do you have?

anything over 180 - 2 hours post meal i consider need for intervention
I will correct at 150 in the middle of the day as long as I dont have any ‘insulin on board’ -this is key to know how much to correct with.
My target BS during the day is 100 - during the night 130…but CGM is helping me bring that down

I have the Medtronic Minimed Paradigm 715. It’s the last model that was put out. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a calculator. I thought they all did!

When I was on shots, I corrected 180 and above, but it shouldn’t really matter. You can correct no matter what your number is, you just have to figure out what your target is. I guess you should just make sure you have a calculator with you at all times!

Great for all the ppl who go anywhere the 200 point! For me though after having diabetes for 34 years a high to me and my body is usually over 300 or atleast that’s when I notice them. I had a prancreas transplant when it was expermental and failed after 2 years so I guess now I’m paying for it. Well it worked for awhile and it was GREAT to not be worried about bs during that time!

I correct once I hit 150 and my sensitivity factor is 50. My target is 111. (Random, yes. But I like the number 11 and it’s a nice, unround target.) And I’m completely challenged when it comes to anything related to math, so I rely quite heavily on my bolus wizard for figuring out how to correct down, bolus up, and other number bits.

Number make my head spin.

I enter my BG into my pump (Minimed 715) and see what it says. Sometimes I’ll override it. My target is set for 100 during the day and 120 11pm-6am. My sensitivity is 65. 2 hours after a meal, if I’m over 200 I’ll almost always do a small correction even if the pump says I have enough IOB to cover it. Sometimes if I’m higher than expected 2 hours after eating I’ll take a quick walk instead of a correction. 15 minutes of brisk walking can really get my IOB moving.

By 3 hours, if I’m over 150 I’ll correct. I have my IOB set for 4 hours, but by 3 1/2 it seems to be mostly gone. My pump only lets me set that in full hour increments, which sucks.

My target range is 75 to 100 so I correct anything over 100. However, I don’t go nuts with it. Let’s say, for instance, I have breakfast and then test two hours later and it’s 115. Assuming I’m going to eat lunch soon, I just wait a little bit then add my correction amount (to come down to 100 from 115) to my meal bolus, so I can do it all in one shot.

Because I aim for tight control, anything over 120 feels “high” to me and makes me uncomfortable – dry eyes, tired, needing to pee, etc. I really feel best when I’m between 85 and 95.

God bless my insulin pump bolus wizard. It helps me greatly. But sometime I have to override what the pump figures. I have my low marked as 80 & my high as 110. There are corrections made for anything above or below. My sensitivity is 35, although I think it may change when I go back to the doctor in August. I would love to have the CGMS so I could have a better look at my spikes, but that is waiting on insurance to catch on.