How many meters Do you have

I have one and have ever only had the one.

It’s an Accu-Chek Advantage which is about 7-8 years old.

I never had any problems with it apart from the Softclix pen not working and they sent me out a new one the next day.
I change the batteries once a year with the free batteries they send me.

On my next visit with the Diabetes Educator I have to bring it in because she wants to make sure it’s still working ok.

I really wouldn’t mind upgrading it to the Accu-Check Performa.

In the closet: a few OneTouch originals and 2 Ascensia Dex’s
Ready for the closet: 2 Ascensia Breeze 2’s, 1 BD Paradigm (waiting for OneTouch / Minimed version)
In use: 2 OneTouch Green UltraMinis (one was free!)

how do you get free batteries? are they from accu-chek directly?

Although I’ve used a number of meters over the 14 years I’ve had diabetes, I currently have two – both Accu-Chek Avivas. I keep one at home and one at work, so I don’t have to worry about bringing it with me every day. I got one from my insurance. The second I bought from Walgreens – there was a full rebate, so it was free. I get 3 month supplies of my strips & lancets (my insurance mail order program), so it’s easy to split the supplies between home and work.

Hi Jen,
When i bought my monitor i automatically became a member by filling out the warranty and that allowed me to be eligible for the extra benefits… see here.
I just give them a call when the year is up and they send them out to me.
I’m in Australia though so I’m not sure if it works the same in the States.

Between my husband and I, we have 6… 3 Bayer Breeze2’s, 1 Freestyle Lite, and 2 One Touch Ultra Minis… I currently only use the Breeze2.

My favorite subject because i love gadgets of sorts, and i might as well have fun with the meter!! I have alot of meters… sigh here goes:
*my first meter was the one touch ultra 2
*for some reason i have another one
*i have two one touch ultra mini, one is purple(new never used), the other is gray and barely used
*(new never used)i have the walmart relion micro meter, has different skins
*my first key note by wavesense, , they are the cheapest strips on the market(16.49 for 50 strips at wally world)
MIAsomebody gave me two true track bulky ugly meters and i have no idea where they are…
two wavesense prestos, old model and the new
Since i have insurance now i’m using the 70 dollar bayer contour, i like it but i miss using wavesense
i also have one side track, which i heard aren’t reusable but i love how cute and small it is.

That total puts me up to: 11 1/2 (since side kick i don’t use) in 2 1/2 years. I’m currently trying to figure out how to get rid of them…some of test strips some don’t, some have the lancets, most of them have the books. (* means i’m willing to part with them, free to whomever). Does anybody use a didget http://www.bayerdidget.co.uk/